Hi, I can only reply to you that $8 / day with this amount of traffic means that you're far from using adsense at its fullest potential. So you could look into that before other things. If you increase the RPM, you'll see your amount of traffic is good enough (well of course it could always be more)
It's not about the amount of adsense blocs, althought yes personnally I use all 3 maximum available, but I also add the 3 link units and 1 or 2 adsense for search boxes.
You could also look into more social integration on your page so that you can increase the traffic coming from google+ and facebook. You know that sharing a photo and then adding a small text and link in the description works much better than sharing the link and having the photo added. If you didn't know that, try to do it this way from now on. On both social networks.
I admit it's a pity you messed up the domain name change, especially since it was absolutely NOT needed, because most people don't come on your site by typing the url, the most regular visitors will have it in their bookmarks or can type in the first letters and then press enter in their browser bar.
HERE I ACTUALLY GO ON YOUR SITE
Well now I've been to your site so I can see many problems and yes I was right about the adsense optimization.. There is much to do.
I launched the homepage but went to an article because that's where people are coming to mainly.
I don't want to flood you with advices on adsense placement and social integration, but let's say that if you research specifically into those 2 topics, you'll be able to spot several recurring advices and applying them will only increase both performances, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
I'd like to focus on 2 other things instead :
1. you're not building a mailing list. Imagine for a second the amount of traffic you've lost over the years. From visitors which could have been converted into email subscribers which you could send an email to each time you have a new content posted.. Don't cry. Start today. I use aweber, there are others, but what is important is that you start today. And don't start with the same mistake as with adsense and social, make it one of your priority, more on that later...
2. on your facebook page, make sure you always add this sentence : "Please like and share this with your friends, they might love it!" something like that anyway. It's a mistake not to tell people what to do. Believe it or not, it works better when you tell them rather than when you don't tell them because it seems obvious to you. It tells something about people, but let's not get into that and instead do the right thing :-)
So what I would like to emphasis is the need for you to set 2 or 3 conversion goals. That means, set yourself 2 or 3 priorities/actions that you want your visitors to do. Set an order for them.
For instance it could be :
1. Subscribe to my mailing list, so I don't lose them all forever.
2. Click on my adsense so I earn much more than $8 a day.
3. share my content on social networks so that I get more traffic (and subscribers and adsense clicks) without relying solely on google's will.
Now organize your page and different elements for those goals. That means the best spots will be reserved for the higher priority goals.
And remove everything that distract the visitors from those goals. Of course your content should still have the main place on your page, this goes without saying, but anything else will distract visitors from your main conversion goals, and they might end up doing something totally different, like going away without achieving any of your main conversion goals.