Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WB Design Contest #2 - Win $150!

Good question. No it's ONLY for this contest. I will not be using this template and the owner will retain full rights to their own template.

Let the games begin!

*opens notepad*
    www.knowledge-reactor.com || IT & Multimedia tutorials
    cosmo.knowledge-reactor.com || Cosmo's Reviews - computer game reviews & news, fresh and exclusive
    blog.knowledge-reactor.com || My blog

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    Good question. No it's ONLY for this contest. I will not be using this template and the owner will retain full rights to their own template.
    Ok, that's cool. Hopefully I can find some time to whip something up. Of course, I'm very busy this week with work and school.
    Mario Kart Central - my Mario Kart site
    ZippyGamer - my gaming site
    "Too blessed to be stressed!"

I thought the design was for Website Babble haha..
    Anyways, I'll stick up with my website babble theme I got, I think it's doing fine

One question Lisa: Do we have to actually put navigation links in the left/right vertical nav columns or can we put something else in there and only have the navigation on the horizontal nav under then header?
    www.knowledge-reactor.com || IT & Multimedia tutorials
    cosmo.knowledge-reactor.com || Cosmo's Reviews - computer game reviews & news, fresh and exclusive
    blog.knowledge-reactor.com || My blog

Smile CAn I use the old template again with little modifications?

Hi Lisa,

I had submitted a template in last contest. Can I modify it a bit and use again in this contest?
    Becauze I have pretty less time to create a new one completely from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by routbisu View Post
    Hi Lisa,

I had submitted a template in last contest. Can I modify it a bit and use again in this contest?
    Becauze I have pretty less time to create a new one completely from scratch.
    As long as the template is original and fits the design requirements, that is fine since I had no info about that in the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnight View Post
    One question Lisa: Do we have to actually put navigation links in the left/right vertical nav columns or can we put something else in there and only have the navigation on the horizontal nav under then header?
    You don't have to and if you do add links, they can be fake links. But it should be clear that it's the navigation. Even if you just want to put the words "left nav" or "right nav" in the area that's fine.

Only 6 days left! Just a reminder to everyone to double check your code and make sure all of your sections fit the specs (height and width). I had to disqualify someone last time because of that so please make sure all your sections are the right size according to the rules I set. Let me know if there are any questions.

This is a good contest. I can't wait to see the contestants' and winner's work.
    My Home: TMOTTMedia
    My eBook (FREE): Vlogging Profts
    My Youtube | Tweet Me

Default Sgt Mac's Entry

Got my entry for the contest complete and uploaded. Don't think I want to post it yet though. Wasn't going to enter, as have my hands full with other stuff, but wanted to learn a few things in coding...have to say, I had a lot of fun and got a few new ideas...

Just a thought....Next time, we have a contest, I think all entries should be emailed to you, in lieu of posted here. You could then hold them, until the closing date, then post them all at once...

Last time, even I waited for a few designs to show up, so I could get some ideas, lol.

Default I better ask this...

Had one quick question, so thought I better ask via receiving a DQ....I added my horizontal navigation below the header. Although it is laid out at 975x40, only about a fourth of it shows on the design. Is this OK, or do I need to at least add a border to show it's there...?(Of course you can tell by the code).

I would rather not have to check the code but because it's necessary for your design to look the best then that's OK. I will check the code if I have to. So that's fine. It's good to ask though!

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmac66 View Post
    Got my entry for the contest complete and uploaded. Don't think I want to post it yet though. Wasn't going to enter, as have my hands full with other stuff, but wanted to learn a few things in coding...have to say, I had a lot of fun and got a few new ideas...

Just a thought....Next time, we have a contest, I think all entries should be emailed to you, in lieu of posted here. You could then hold them, until the closing date, then post them all at once...

Last time, even I waited for a few designs to show up, so I could get some ideas, lol.
    That's a good point. Yeah I think that's why everyone usually waits until the last day or so to post theirs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast