Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

View Poll Results: What Kind of Contest Would You Participate In?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Website Design (HTML, CSS, etc.)

19 31.15%
  • Graphic Design

14 22.95%
  • Both

16 26.23%
  • Neither

12 19.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Contest Poll

Default Contest Poll

Since a lot of people have suggested a design contest in my suggestion thread, I thought I'd give this contest another go. I think there are a lot more active people here since the last contest so hopefully there will be more participation. I will probably do what I did last time and require a minimum number of entries as many suggested.

So please answer the poll attached to this thread so I can get an idea of interest. Thanks!

Hi Lisa,
    Im back... again... and I'm just in time cuz Im gonna blow this contest out of the water.
    I hope.
    Hello everyone

I simply say, let the best designer win.
    Need computer advice? Got a virus? Stop by and ask! http://www.talk-computer.com
    Want to relax with a story? Come and read, comment, Enjoy! http://stories.davidmbaum.com

I'm happy this poll is here. Interested in seeing the results.
    I voted for both options
    www.knowledge-reactor.com || IT & Multimedia tutorials
    cosmo.knowledge-reactor.com || Cosmo's Reviews - computer game reviews & news, fresh and exclusive
    blog.knowledge-reactor.com || My blog

thinking about it... i should have voted for both as there should be a dual on that one. Some people can do great work on Graphic design, then others can do great work on Website design.... few can do both.
    Need computer advice? Got a virus? Stop by and ask! http://www.talk-computer.com
    Want to relax with a story? Come and read, comment, Enjoy! http://stories.davidmbaum.com

Well I think a contest called "Who will write better CSS code" wouldn't be as much funs as designing a desktop wallpaper for 2createawebsite
    www.knowledge-reactor.com || IT & Multimedia tutorials
    cosmo.knowledge-reactor.com || Cosmo's Reviews - computer game reviews & news, fresh and exclusive
    blog.knowledge-reactor.com || My blog

hehe, and I would be the opposite :P I'm no graphic artist.

Default Another Contest....;)

Another great idea....Both would suit me, but don't know if I would have the time...If you do it though, one suggestion is to have different skill categories, ie; Newbie, Intermediate and Advanced. Not much point having a Newbie compete against someone not in their skill set.

I voted 'neither' because I am not good at graphics or web design (I leave it to the pros).
    I would be happy to vote in such a contest, however.
    James M. Fisher, Microsoft Windows MVP

craig3000 Guest

mmm Im not very good at starting from scratch with html/css only good at continuing/maintaining the work from a template

Fairly good at graphics but atm I would have no time for either, too busy building

Come on website coding

Im really bad with Photoshop
    Zomex ~ The best web hosting templates for WHMCS (exclusive settings area)
    LiteSpeed cPanel hosting - We have over 120 hosting customers worldwide
    █ Premium menus (mega menu), feature boxes, scripts (EU cookie law script) ~ Code & scripts

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmac66 View Post
    Another great idea....Both would suit me, but don't know if I would have the time...If you do it though, one suggestion is to have different skill categories, ie; Newbie, Intermediate and Advanced. Not much point having a Newbie compete against someone not in their skill set.
    I understand the point, but the only problem with that is I don't know if there will be enough participants to break it up into skill categories.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    I understand the point, but the only problem with that is I don't know if there will be enough participants to break it up into skill categories.
    Thats true and another problem would be deciding who goes in what category
    Zomex ~ The best web hosting templates for WHMCS (exclusive settings area)
    LiteSpeed cPanel hosting - We have over 120 hosting customers worldwide
    █ Premium menus (mega menu), feature boxes, scripts (EU cookie law script) ~ Code & scripts

The problem with the site's CSS is that the color scheme is overused and in no way is neutral. It also shows a sad use of photoshop's drop shadow, inner shadow, and bevel and emboss for all of the buttons. Some CSS elements are outdated, like the one on the border of quick reply. It looks like something that was made in 1995. I don't mean to be rude here, Lisa, because I am willing to help with the new design.
    RadonHost - Providing Affordable Web Hosting Solutions
    24/7 Technical Support Department | Nightly Backups
    5 Star Rating | Free Migrations (we'll move your site!)
    Starting from $3.95 per month - Click here for coupon code "BABBLER"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast