Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: CJ wants to close my account.

Thumbs down CJ wants to close my account.

Back in December I put two ads for affiliates on my website. One from linkshare and one from commission junction, the one from linkshare has done quite well but the one from commission junction has yet to turn a sell. When I first placed the ads on my website I was only getting 30 visitors a day but since then I have gotten over 12,000 visitors and average around 200 a day now. Yet still havenít turned a sale for this affiliate.

Recently I received an e-mail from commission junction saying that they would close my account at the end of this month if I do not make a sale. They also said that I could rejoin if I wanted to. My question is should I try to rejoin and give this affiliate another try or should I drop it and forget it.

I didn't know CJ did such a thing. Just curious... how long have you had your account? I think it's worth having a CJ account even though some people don't like CJ (I've never had any problems) because every now and then a program I want to join uses CJ for their management so having an account with them has been a necessity when it comes to promoting certain products. Some very well-known companies use CJ: Adobe, 24 Hour Fitness, HostGator, to name a few.

Lisa

I have had the account since December of 08. If I rejoin JC and forget the program I would assume that I would have another 6 months or so to make a sale. If I let JC drop me now do you think they would let me rejoin latter. I know that this is probably a question for JC but what do you think.

I think you'll have to ask them but if they do "instant approves" with their applications then you shouldn't have a problem.

I got a message like that from CJ a few months ago and they did close my account. I didn't have any sales, but all I had to do was log back in and it was activated again (i think). I didn't have to reapply or anything drastic. I still haven't made a sale so I may get the email again. LOL

Glad to hear I am not alone LOL although I hope you start making sales soon!!

I kind of knew it would be hard to turn a sale for this because it is appliance sales. Really who buys appliances online? I found it hard to promote it because I donít even think it is a good idea to buy an appliance online. I got another affiliate appliance parts sales and I have no problem promoting them and I do quite well with that. Also my website is an appliance repair website its only natural appliance parts would do well.

Default CJ

Sorry you are having a problem with CJ, but it appears you have a lot of company...I would suggest you stay with them a bit longer, perhaps your luck will turn, if not...I believe they will take you back...William Wilson
    ...Peace...Love...Respect...

Yes, I have seen a few of these posts in the forums. It seems that this is not a new thing and they do close accounts if there is no evidence of activity on the account. I suppose their index of measuring this is sales

I have been with them for over a year now and so far no problems
    I think it is just an incentive for us to ramp up our marketing campaigns

Quote Originally Posted by missme View Post
    I got a message like that from CJ a few months ago and they did close my account. I didn't have any sales, but all I had to do was log back in and it was activated again (i think). I didn't have to reapply or anything drastic. I still haven't made a sale so I may get the email again. LOL
    Same story here; I just reactivated my account. Probably their way of weeding out those that sign up and don't publish any ads, or let their site(s) lapse.
    James M. Fisher, Microsoft Windows MVP

I haven't made a sale with CJ as well, but I have had a few leads. That is probably what has been keeping me alive with them since I have made a few bucks.

Well they did close my account but all I had to do is log back in and agree to terms again. for now I keep the program that I am having trouble selling on, maybe it will pick up if I start to get a lot of traffic.