Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WebsitePalace.com

Default WebsitePalace.com

Hi
    If I choose just the Economy Plan at WebsitePalace.com will that be enough?
    I am a bit coinfused as there are additional things you can puchase later on,
    like Email, SSL etc.
    Do I have a secure Email box at WebsitePalace if I buy the Economy Plan only for around 3,-Euro or do I get the emails from the contact page direct to my private email box at Yahoo?

Is it enough if I choose just the Economy Plan and a domain?

Thank you, first of all. Second, that should be enough for most sites. The email box comes with the plan and you can actually set it up to forward to your Yahoo account if you wish.

Talking Enough it is...

I think it is enough, most of the time we tend to look around for the plans with the most features and add ons but the truth is that at start up most of those features go untouched and only are put to use once the site is well established and takes off.

About e mail well I like my free accounts since I donīt need a dedicated account yet.

Hey itīs great you got your hosting set up, youīre going ahead the right way wish you luck...

Exactly Erick. And you can always add on more features if you need them but if you're just starting out it's usually just best to start with the domain and hosting.

Thanks
    one more question
    Can I create multiple websites on this same space or do I have to buy the same hosting plan (economy plan) again if I want to create another second site?
    Or can I just get a second domain name (com) and use the same space to build one more new site?

The economy plan only allows one website but it allows multiple alias domains. ie multiple domains pointing to the same files.

When I started I got round the problem by adding a simple php script in my main index.php which redirected the user to different pages depending on the Url that they had requested. This could also be done with an htaccess rewrite rule.

PHP Code:
    if (strstr($_SERVER[HTTP_HOST],"domain1")){
    //html for domain1
    }
    else 
    {
    //html for domain2

Regards

Bob
    PHP Snippets PHP Captcha Code Resizable Html
    "A website with a thousand resources starts with a single page".
    "Don't fight the gator - clear the swamp"

Is it advisable to rename the file extensions of all my pages from .html to .php. Is this considered advantageous?
    Index.html renaming to index.php and each page using the extension php?
    Last edited by nobi; 03-26-2009 at 10:24 AM.

Hi,
    I just want to buy webspace at WebPalace.com but am a bit confused.

What do they mean with this? Do I have to buy this? Add Personal Email: 1GB total storage, 1 email address
    Last edited by nobi; 04-03-2009 at 07:03 AM.

Default a pretty severe limitation

Have you already bought your hosting? It is up to you, naturally, but I wouldn't even consider such a limitation. That was one primary reason I left my first host (bought when I knew nothing or a little less). They made you pay for each email address, not to mention the limitation on space.

It is really valuable to have multiple email addresses. For example, I set up a webmaster @ domainname.com for every site and post it as a contact for people to notify me of site issues. I like one, editor @ domainname for newsletter correspondence. And so on.

I use Dreamhost and they have no limit on email addresses at all so I know there is no reason to charge a fee equal to the hosting for each email address! Personally I wouldn't consider a hosting plan with such a limitation.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
    Maya Angelou

thanks
    I looked up dreamhost. This appears to be very expensive. Who pays ten years in advance??
    * $5.95 paid 10 years in advance. $10.95/mo monthly

WebsitePalace is just around $3,60 a month for a year. With Dreamhost $9.95 monthly for a year for things I don't need. Everything unlimited, who has so much traffic and webpages and needs unlimited space and traffic? Not a normal person anyway.
    Last edited by nobi; 04-04-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Default two responses

In view of the previous posts I would just make sure wherever you go you can have several email addresses and don't need to pay for them. That seems outrageous to me.

But for what it's worth here are two personal responses to your post. They reflect my personal approaches, not particularly what I am suggesting as the best way for others to deal with these things.

First, unless you want to change hosts sometime, probably sooner than you think, I wouldn't assume you won't need some things you don't plan to use now. They are pretty basic, but I would make sure you have support for php, mysql, and the like and that they support things like Wordpress. I choose to anticipate and avoid problems ahead of time. In this case I don't want to have to change hosts as I expand my activities online.

Second, I got started with Dreamhost at a time they offered a good special deal so I paid less than the $9.95. I haven't been watching the home page (I always log into the panel directly) so I don't know if they still do that often or not. However, since I like them and have received good service when needed I am one of those "Who pays ten years in advance?" guys. It is a bit of an investment and could go bad, I suppose, but they offer everything I could ever want and I am locking in a reasonable price at a time when inflation is very likely on the horizon (two or three years or so). Again, I think long term like this and would rather spend a little more now to pay a lot less later, rather than the other way around.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
    Maya Angelou

Yes, thanks.

WebsitePalace offers:
    Plan Features
    • 100 Email Accounts

I guess, these are the different email addresses mentioned above like webmaster@domainnamecom, I have asked support to make sure, but haven't got any answer yet.
    Last edited by nobi; 04-05-2009 at 02:29 AM.

As James said, it is completely up to you, but I also use Website Palace to host this site and I have never needed anything extra than the email features that came with my plan. I have more than enough space with my multiple email accounts. And yes, the 100 accounts means you get the different yourname@yoursite.com addresses.

Website Palace is my reseller store and unfortunately as resellers we are limited to what we can offer and don't have the option to offer unlimited e-mail addresses as many of the other hosting companies. So yes, it's harder for my store to compete with some of the more popular registrars. (Which is why I offer people videos and tutorials that other registrars don't offer so my customers get more value for their money.) But if you need multiple email addresses then by all means try HostGator, Dreamhost, or some of the others. For me, the 100 accounts has been more than enough. But you should always plan ahead.

Thanks a lot, Lisa.
    I don't need 100 email addresses like info@mydomaincom etc. Just 2 is enough.
    Like support@mydomaincom and info@mydomaincom and that's it.
    For what would somebody need hundred? I just wanted to make sure that I get everything I need with this economy hosting plan. That'all.
    Thank you for clarifying, this always helps a lot if you put things into the right perspective.

Unfortunately I don't know how to pay them using Paypal. It does not work as in my Paypal account they want that I use a credit card. I don't understand this whole procedure. Why can't they give me an Id and let me transfer the money from my Paypal account? I don't have credit cards.
    Last edited by nobi; 04-07-2009 at 01:09 AM.

Default One hundred is more than adequate.

One hundred should be plenty for most folks. The chances are you will sometime want more than two, though. It depends on the direction your work takes, something you cannot predict now. Every day something new comes along.

If you start even two or three domains on your hosting plan, say adding on a blog, you will want separate email addresses to identify where your mail is coming from. In addition, it is likely that you will want something like webmaster @ domain dot com for people to report technical problems with your site, for example.

I have a personal business address at one of my domains that I prefer even over online services like gmail or hotmail for two reasons. It is more professional than one of those. And, some businesses like software registrations or financial institutions still want one based on your internet provider or whatever that they can trace.

Personally, I first set mine up because internet providers in our remote location tended to come and go and I had to try to notify too many people of changes in address. I can always keep one set to my own domain, even if I have to change hosts.
    Good Success!

Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast