I love that idea. It just may work. But of course its not up to me...lol
Yeh I really liked this plan as well, but as mentioned by you it's not up to me
Great, thanks everyone, keep em coming!
how about a monthly lottery rewarding active members and posters?
I did something similar on my forum, run be me and my close friends.
Every 5 posts earned you 1 entry into the lottery, and 3 names were randomly selected at the end of the month. each recieving a different prize (1st, 2nd, 3rd).
We even drew it live over Skype!
It was also recorded and put on youtube, so all members could view it.
It worked great, really built a sense of community.
come to think of it, we really had no issues with flooding. We had 1 or 2 of the newer members try it. They were promptly warned.
When we announced the contest, we simply stated any excessive and spammy posts instantly disqualify you from the contest.
OK, thanks for the feedback sammyspam. Appreciate it.
LOL, Lisa if that's the case then you owe me 2 months
Best Web Design Tips | A free web guide all about website design basics.
I have had drawing giveaways in two of my forums that worked fairly well. I gave away an Ipod Shuffle in my youth forum.
1) I would create a new board in my forum.
2) Announce that in order to be eligible to win the prize they had to make no less than a 50 word post on the board.
3) On the deadline date, I throw all of the participants names in a bag and take a video as I am drawing the winners name.
4) I then post the video on my site of the drawing.
5) Send an email to the winner.
6) I also send a bulk email out to all of the participants announcing that a winner has been chosen. I don't give them the name but attach a link in the email to the video page.
I've given away Starbuckes gift cards, T-shirts and an Ipod this way.
Thanks Jordy. As I stated, though, my main goal is to have the contest be based around web development or something related to the theme of this forum. That's where I really need some ideas. In the past the contests have all been trivia-related. I'd really like to do something other than post count. I guess the problem is that if I do anything related to design or development, that automatically leaves a lot of people out because there are so many newbies that come to the forum. So that's my dilemma with ideas.