Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Very impressed with AddThis.com so far

Default Very impressed with AddThis.com so far

I must say, I have been very impressed with AddThis.com social plugins so far.

I ditched the JetPack sharing buttons for AddThis sharing buttons. They also have a nice side sharing toolbar as well. Which I REALLY like.

I am using their free tools. The free reporting is nice as well. It gives you a really nice and functional reporting dashboard. Clean and easy to read. Shows you all the number of shares you have from the various social networks as well as by post or page. The nicest part is that it will even tell you if those shares are working. I just got my first click from a Facebook share recorded tonight.

I also think of how well designed and colorful these sharing buttons are have really boosted my social sharing. The sharing sidebar, which I didn't have before through JetPack, is outperforming the standard post sharing buttons (the ones you normally see at the top or foot of the post) by more than 4 to 1 right now.

Anyone else use this? I am going to start exploring their Follow plugin next. Then onto the paid plugins. But very impressed with the free stuff.

Thanks so much for the review. I've been looking for a good social share option.

I used to use them.

I just got an email from one of their reps a couple of weeks ago to review their new product. Supposedly the buttons change depending on who is on your site. So if someone uses Pinterest and Facebook a lot, those are the buttons they will see. Have you used this yet? I'm not sure if it's out to the public yet. I haven't had a chance to look at it but plan to review and blog about it.

Yes. That is the way the documentation reports it.

I decided to take full control and primarily display the share buttons for the networks I am on and then offer AddThis' more button that allows a user to pick from over 300 different social networks. You can see it in action on my site. But yea, the primary buttons are supposed to change based on what the visitor frequents.