How to Customize a WordPress Theme

Thread: I want to add a comment box to my site

Question I want to add a comment box to my site

Hello Everyone,

I want to add a comment box to my site as in blogs. I am not talking about a shoutbox, where viewers give there running comments.
    Can anyone tell me the code or a website which can help me add the commenting feature to my site which is similar to a blog's commenting feature??

And I would appreciate a method that wouldn't require database setups and spending extra money.

Thanks in advance

Cool Comment Box

Hi,

I'm not sure that there is such a thing...I'm not saying there's not, but I have never come across anything like this before...especially for free AND that doesn't require database setups.

The comments would all be pulling from a database and I can't think of how it would be done otherwise unless you had your own server that allowed for server-side scripting...

Anyway, good luck and let me know if you find something.
    Development / Technology: Jaress Loo: Tech
    Music: Jaress Loo: Music
    Finance: Jaress Loo: Finance

I think is not possible without a database even if you could have one without a database than how would you manage the comments as what you see in all this websites with comments are managed by a script so that they can be displayed on the page.

As soon as spam crawlers finds a open comment somewhere on internet they will start spamming and you will have a lot of hassle I am saying this as I am using a phpnuke script for my website and I only allow members to comment.

I agree Govindji,
    You could do it without a database by creating files or a large flat file, but you do need a server side scripting language.
    It's even possible to use a remote server to crunch code and pass data back and forth but why... (what a pita).

Does he have access to a server scripting interpreter for asp, php. perl, java, anything... the post was kind of vague.
    Drop by my websites:
    HamsterWebcam.com
    RubyShack.com
    (new)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post
    I agree Govindji,
    You could do it without a database by creating files or a large flat file, but you do need a server side scripting language.
    This is what I was talking about. I don't know any free website host that will allow you to programatically change the flat file structure of your site...You definitely can with Go Daddy premier hosting, but if you had that, then definitely be using the SQL or mySQL, or AT LEAST Access instead of flat files...

Anyway, again. Good luck finding something.
    Development / Technology: Jaress Loo: Tech
    Music: Jaress Loo: Music
    Finance: Jaress Loo: Finance