How to Customize a WordPress Theme

Thread: I Goofed Up... UGH

Default I Goofed Up... UGH

Hello Everyone, I made a mistake today.

I called Godaddy to renew my hosting & Domain Names, and also get an SSL certificate for my store.

My store is on a sub domain, and the SSl certificate I bought... can you guess? Doesn't work on subdomains. Which is bulloni, if you ask me. But I have two options.

spend 70$ on a new product, and receive a refund on the product I was incorrectly sold... Or... Which is also bull, because I used a temp card, not my main bank card. Which would just be a disaster, if you've ever tried to get a refund on to a temp card, you know the headache, and can I get an AMEN!

But After about 20 minutes of fretting over my mistake an idea hit me.

Now, i own about a few domain names, my most valuable one is [redacted] is is nothing more than a re-direct to my main site.

Now here's the benefit of my idea. I rebuild my store, (since is mostly software, and plugins and databases) I can get it done in a few days.

This removes the temptation to tinker with my working store, (no ssl) and allows me to rectify my mistake by essentially cloning the store on a new domain.

Then I can set up the ssl cert. on [redacted] which is not only extremely brandable and a marketing goldmine, but I also did not have to spend the extra 70$ and I can guarantee the integrity of my no ssl store in the mean time when things are being designed, this gives me time to get everything set up with search engines, and make sure all the links work and stuff, while my no ssl store is still operational.

Once, I complete clone the entire store. Shopping Histore, Users, Products, catagories, Pictures, etc. I
    redirect from my old store to the new one, all the user's login info still works they can still see all their products they bought, and now when they see a domain they won't see pns.areallylongcompanynamehere.com (not the real link for integrity purposes) but they will see a very pretty
    I think it's a solid plan but also I can be out of my mind, which is why I'm here.

Can it be done? Does this make sense?
    Last edited by zachariahlogan; 08-06-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Note. Don't do that.

After a tech Call with Godaddy, this is officially crisis mode.

But what's is happening is, since I just updated my hosting plan, it wasn't upgraded like I was told it would be. To cPanel.

But I'm breaking out the second computer to minimalize downtime.

About to break out a third. LOL. I'm downloading wp-content, plus corresponding databases.

The reason is, Godaddy made me a new hosting account, and we are migrating the websites over to there. Originally the plan was to encrypt pns. but was was thought about instead using [redacted] but since it turns out I didn't get what I paid for, I'm getting good help migrating the sites, to the hosting I was supposed to get.

I hate this. So much, but hey. It comes with the territory.
    Last edited by zachariahlogan; 08-06-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Still Workin on this. Geez, Idk what it was. I couldn't get help for nothing, people kept conviently leaving out information. Before asking me to buy stuff! Godaddy, I'm disapointed.

9 hours later, it looks like I am making some headway. ~ It's just one of those days.

13 hours later. My site is back online.... Kinda.

But the pressure is off to say the least. If anyone gets and advise from this thread. If you have a serious website problem, that you need to call tech support. call at night, that's were the pro's are.

I had my head turned backwards & upside down by all the nonsense that was told to me for two simple tasks.

1. Upgrade + renew my hosting plan
    2. Buy a SSL certificate.

Shees~ Still not done, but what they did was make a DNS record for my old hosting account, so my main domain redirects to that while the "installatron" imports the files.

Long Day, but hey... I learned a LOT!!!! More than I care too.

This is a nightmare, still working on it. Godaddy is so sued.

IT is Finished...