Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Arg! Frustrated at spinning wheels on the technical stuff

Angry Arg! Frustrated at spinning wheels on the technical stuff

OK, I didn't know where to post this rant so I thought I would try here. I get so frustrated at times spending gobs of my time trying to figure out the little technical stuff and glitches that go with running a website/sites. I don't have a computer engineering or programming degree. Heck, I didn't know a dang thing about computers 2 years ago.

I just get so frustrated at times spending hours and sometimes days trying to figure out how to solve a small issue that can be accomplished in minutes or less. Or just trying to change something that seems so simple on a site. I would much rather be spending that time developing good content, researching, and just being more productive. I feel it takes my time away from earning money and being creative.

I'll admit that I have learned an awful lot in the past 2 years, but man, this really gets at me sometimes. I'm always trying to learn more, but sometimes my eyeballs glaze over when reading up on computer code and such. I know that the back end of a website can really get some people excited, hands rubbing together in glee as they attack the next problem or project, but it's just a big pain in the A** for me at times!

Ok, I think I feel better. How do YOU deal with these issues?

OH, and if you are one of those computer whiz geniuses that find this stuff fun and/or easy, it's OK to reply as long as you don't patronize or make sarcastic fun of the rest of us.

LOL at that last sentence! Love it!

Have you ever thought of outsourcing? I use oDesk quite a bit for either tech tasks or mundane things that just take time. For example I just used them to transcribe by next podcast. No reason I need to spend time doing that type of work.

You could do the same thing. Hire someone for $20 or $30 bucks to do what may take you days.

I feel your pain. It took me three plus years to not only learn code, but to translate design into code.
    CSS is the 'Most' skill that you need to develop.

PUK Sportswear
    Let's be great.

Whew...I feel your pain lately. That is all I have been doing, and I really need to focus my attention elsewhere! This stuff can suck up days of time easily... LOL, I tried to outsource my last issue, and they want $300. Hahaha...We just moved, and I pretty much spent most of my money on the move, and now getting settled in. OMG... I will look at oDesk as Lisa mentioned also... Seriously I feel your pain! You are not alone out here!

I'm really good at breaking things. REALLY good.

But I've learned to rely on Tech Support on Godaddy, and youtube.

But I generally tackle technical issues at night.. But that's mainly because if I'm working on my site, it's mainly after 6pm.

and W3 schools

Have you ever thought of outsourcing?
    I wasn't aware of oDesk Lisa. I will have to check it out. Do they do real simple jobs or fix problems?

CSS is the 'Most' skill that you need to develop.
    Yeah, I need to take a good online class for this. I'm always looking for how to do something without understanding how it works.

Thanks everyone for "feeling my pain". I hate the fact that what stands in my way more than anything else is the technical aspect of this business.

I really feel your pain.
    When it happens to me, i can sit for HOURS in front of a code and with Google on the second tab, and try to figure everything out. What i noticed lately is, when i can't find a solution for something after a really long time, i just go to sleep or wait for the next day (just to leave the annoying problem for a while), and usually, i dunno why and how - i find the solution right away the next day! Maybe you should try it
    Really, it's like a magic - maybe i have new ideas in my fresh head after a good night sleep, maybe i find new search results, but it just helps and it happened many times before.

Maya.

Maya, you are just discovering the power of the subconscious mind. Most people are oblivious to it but many of the most productive people use it extensively. The more you use it the more control you can exercise over it. If you set out a specific problem in your mind and command your subconscious to work on it and get back to you with an answer, then deliberately turn your mind elsewhere, in time the answer will just pop into your mind.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

Yeah, I need to take a good online class
    It is really worth it, once you get comfortable with styling different elements to a particular taste.

Just go to http://www.w3schools.com/css/DEFAULT.asp

PUK Sportswear
    Let's be great.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Maya, you are just discovering the power of the subconscious mind. Most people are oblivious to it but many of the most productive people use it extensively. The more you use it the more control you can exercise over it. If you set out a specific problem in your mind and command your subconscious to work on it and get back to you with an answer, then deliberately turn your mind elsewhere, in time the answer will just pop into your mind.
    James - that's awesome! Our brain is just amazing huh? Kind of creepy to think that my subconscious is working on something while i don't - feels like there's another "person" inside of me, but hey - it helps, so that's cool :-)

Magic... Yes! That's what I need! Seriously though, I've done exactly that before without realizing it now that I think of it.