Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: I may have missed some discussion on the Facebook reach

Default I may have missed some discussion on the Facebook reach

I may have missed some discussion on the Facebook reach, but figure I would throw in a couple cents of thoughts anyway.

I was considering monetizing a site with an author who has years of accumulated content of nook reviews, humor and insights. I was thinking of driving it with social media. But... the more I searched the less I liked what I saw.

Facebook states that it is only giving a 16% reach. This could go lower depending upon fan behavior and engagement. see https://www.facebook.com/marketing/p...50839503836337

I've seen some stories claiming as low as 6%

It may make me more valuable to clients I represent, but wonder at what point some will just drop it.
    Like Bill at Facebook and Twitter.

and now Bill's Blog.

And this is what makes Google Plus a worthwhile contender, seeing as it is really an extension of Google Search. And then there's the opportunity to use YouTube off the back of G+ Too.

I only use Facebook seriously for a few local business directory websites I run because I know the audience spend a lot of time on Facebook, and reaching them with paid advertising is worthwhile due to the low competition. The key is too funnel your slice of Facebook into an email list or retention page of some kind.

Some of my clients put a lot of stock in Facebook to the neglect of their website. So I think it has its place but if I was starting out today and had a choice of Social media, generally speaking I would go for Google Plus, Youtube, Twitter and Facebook in that order. Although for the local biz directories I did start with Facebook first (Google Plus wasn't around back then)

Darren's right. I don't use G+ as much as I could but I really like the engagement I get there compared to other platforms. And you definitely get a bonus if your content receives engagement. Even though I have a love/hate relationship with Google, you cannot ignore the benefit of using their properties (YouTube, Google Plus, etc.) to build your AuthorRank.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Builder View Post
    I may have missed some discussion on the Facebook reach, but figure I would throw in a couple cents of thoughts anyway.

I was considering monetizing a site with an author who has years of accumulated content of nook reviews, humor and insights. I was thinking of driving it with social media. But... the more I searched the less I liked what I saw.

Facebook states that it is only giving a 16% reach. This could go lower depending upon fan behavior and engagement. see https://www.facebook.com/marketing/p...50839503836337

I've seen some stories claiming as low as 6%

It may make me more valuable to clients I represent, but wonder at what point some will just drop it.
    That's Facebooks Model XD
    They are the "gatekeeper" who charge a tax for you to reach your clients/customers/fans.

What Facebook has done is a great lesson to all of us. It is reasonable to assume all new and future social networks will eventually introduce an element of "friction" in their algorithm, which, for a price, is lifted. It is really just cornering the market and pushing up the prices.

Makes me wonder on how to remarket Facebook services. I think it will have to be my cost with a larger boosting budget.
    Like Bill at Facebook and Twitter.

and now Bill's Blog.

Lets take an example of a plumber. If I need a plumber and I do not have one, one will search Plumber City they live and make calls. Google is used as a phone book. Facebook is a place where people play games at work. I would think a Google ad would be more effective than a Facebook one. The marketing used on these two types of media are totally different. The common point is both media likes creative images to get your attention
    Chris
    Tax Return Preparer
    Please visit my website for all your Income Tax Santa Paula needs.