How to Customize a WordPress Theme

Thread: Which service should I use for creating Online Store ?

Default Which service should I use for creating Online Store ?

Hi, I would like to create website for online sales of computer parts and electronics... about 50 items
    Please give professional advice about from what to start ?
    I have no Idea in programming and html, but I learn fast, do I'have ready to work templates for online stores ?
    Which service or platform should I use ? I'am really green grass in website creation , but youtube will help me, I need little punch info for good start, thank you !
    One more thing , I want Hebrew interface , from right to left...
    sorry for mistakes and thank you, for good advice !

Volusion and Shopify come to mind so check them out. They are pretty easy to setup for novice users and you don't need to know programming to set the stores up. Your other option is to use WordPress and install an ecommerce plugin.

There are open source providers like OpenCart and Magento. Magento has become pretty popular but I hear it is not as easy as OpenCart. I dabbled with an online shop a while back but I didn't have the time to do it then plus I could barely design a decent website. Like you I learn fast and what you're describing sounds very much the same as what I have done.

If you get on with this and make any progress I'd be interested to know about it. Someone on another thread has been building his own online store so you might want to check that out too.

For my latest online stores I use the Wordpress script with self-hosting (usually with Hostgator) together with the paid e-commerce plugin WP-eStore although I have used the free version of the WP-eCommerce plugin.

Wordpress is fairly easy to install and configure (there's a lot of both free & paid ebooks &/or videos to assist you), lots of free themes to get you started, various plugins for seo, security, social media etc with the e-commerce plugins including all the essentials for an online store.
    Fast PLR :Quality PLR : Turn It Around In No Time
    Graphics Choice :Templates, Graphics, Minisites & More
    MRR Store :A Turnkey Online Business With Every Product
    GottaHaveSoftware :You Need It? We've Got It.

Thank you people very helpful , Magneto looks great, do I have to use html in magneto ?

As Neil has already said you should use WordPress as it is really easy to Install and most of the web hosting companies have 1 click installation for WordPress. There a number of paid and free eCommerce plugins and themes available to download. The advantages of using WordPress include
    1. No programming knowledge required.
    2. WordPress it self is free and as well as a number of eCommerce plugins and themes. (you can just Google to check them out)
    3. 1 Click install (automatic install) if you are using a paid web hosting. If you are looking to host it on a free web hosting you can find a lot of tutorials to install it manually.
    4. Flexible, Secure and Full of features.
    5. A big community and a lot of tutorials available on the internet to get you started.

WooCommerce is also a very popular free WP plugin for stores.

Quote Originally Posted by alamsher View Post
    As Neil has already said you should use WordPress as it is really easy to Install and most of the web hosting companies have 1 click installation for WordPress. There a number of paid and free eCommerce plugins and themes available to download. The advantages of using WordPress include
    1. No programming knowledge required.
    2. WordPress it self is free and as well as a number of eCommerce plugins and themes. (you can just Google to check them out)
    3. 1 Click install (automatic install) if you are using a paid web hosting. If you are looking to host it on a free web hosting you can find a lot of tutorials to install it manually.
    4. Flexible, Secure and Full of features.
    5. A big community and a lot of tutorials available on the internet to get you started.
    WOWOWOWOW COOL COOL COOL....Great I will start on this weekend , I will stay in contact and will show you guys my first on-line store in the future... thank you so much, you are great and smart community...
    I have lot of work to do...Peace from Tel-Aviv, have a great day and week...