Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: TOP TEN MISTAKES EVERY NEW WEBMASTER MAKES

Default TOP TEN MISTAKES EVERY NEW WEBMASTER MAKES

1. Launching too early, or an incomplete design, (Including Dead Links)
    ~This is frustrating. For both users and webmasters right? Something like this can be classified as, a sloppy design. Of course everyone was new at one point, and that is more than reasonable. but pay attention to this! It could make or break a sale!

2. Inconsistent Content.
    The internet is not exactly the best place to be politically correct. Yes, there are certain ethics that still hold true. Such as no theft. No Hacking, but talking(typing) out of both sides of your mouth, (keyboard) Immediately if read by the same user appear as an amature. Be decisive!

3. No Goals.
    Not having a map of where you want the site to be, or what you want it do, is doomed from the start.

4. Dare I say it?... Social Media
    Some new webmasters either ignore social media all together or blow up their streams like a battlefield. Sure, you may receive some traffic overposting to you social media network, but if it gets to the point to be annoying, you are only hurting your brand.

5. Afraid to ask for help.
    Seeking help is what makes most good webmasters atleast worth their salt. Some design for fun, (your truly) some professionally, others use their website skills to better improve their performance. But you can't learn it all in one day, and using your pride to shelter unknowledge is a big no no.

6. FAIL TO CAPTURE SALE LEADS, OR FAN BASE
    You can have the most targeted customer on a planet. But unless they buy right away, you've burnt your money/time to get them. Just get their contact info, it's really easy I promise.

7. NO LEGAL PAGES AKA Copyright notices,
    This very important to have, people will sue for anything for anyreason, and there are plenty of lawyers ready and willing to take their money. You have to be protected, and ensure your rights!

8. Confusing Sales Tunnel.
    Expecting people to just find what the site is about. You have to hold their hand. Some people have made very good use as a website tour guide. ya know where the person walks on the website and starts talking.

9. Not Reading Terms of Service...
    Do it. Just.. Do it. Always read the terms of service, how do you know if your hosting company won't ban your site. Having this is extremely important when protecting what you are building.

10. Losing Interest in the site.
    Now if you have found this site chances are you learned a few things. You probablly won't be rich over night.
    You probablly aren't the "next" Mark zukerburg. And if you learn this and build a website to acheive those grandiose acheivements you have a problem.,

Enjpy what you do

-Zach Logan

I've had experience working for a project where we had issues 1. and 10. It was a kind of a project that had been started overnight, and the following couple of weeks we were working very hard on everything from coding and design to content and advertising. At the same time! Of course, the website was very young to fit in with the master plan of conquering the Internet (it was a games website with some actually interesting ideas), so we didn't have millions of visitors after a month or two. After that, the team cooled down and started to lose interest in what had consumed so much resources and still hadn't met the desired expectations.
    In my experience, good leadership/management is essential to avoid this.

And one more is mobile compatible. The trend is, almost 50% people browse internet in smartphones and tablets. People thinks that I will do later. No! Starts from the very first day. Include mobile compatibility and responsive designs on first proposal itself.

Quote Originally Posted by altonroot View Post
    And one more is mobile compatible. The trend is, almost 50% people browse internet in smartphones and tablets. People thinks that I will do later. No! Starts from the very first day. Include mobile compatibility and responsive designs on first proposal itself.
    My Facebook stats shows 99.8% came from a mobile device.

PUK Sportswear
    Let's be great.