Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Qestions about Asnychronous Adsense code

Default Qestions about Asnychronous Adsense code

Hey Adsense users! I have a few questions about asynchronous Adsense code.

The first is that I've read from some posts that people lost income after making the switch. Most of these posts are a year old or more and just after these codes went into beta. They are out of beta now and Google says it should not make any difference. Does anyone have any experience with this?

My second question is more of problem I guess. My site uses Genesis and I'm having a hard time trying to get asynchronous code to work properly. It works fine in a sidebar widget but will not work within the content. I read somewhere that if you have a responsive site that you need to load the first snippet of java script before the head tag of each page, then paste the remainder of the code within the content.

Then I found this post explaining how to do it. http://udinra.com/blog/google-adsens...ronous-ad-code When I couldn't figure out how to ad the script to the header.php I went to the Studio Press community looking for an answer and made it look even more confusing with no solution.

Does anyone here with Genesis have any experience with this?

Shea

I made a YouTube video about this, because I had to modify the Adsense code in order to add some cookie consent functionality, since my sites are under the legal marketing jurisdiction of the European Union.

The solution was "custom sizes" ad units Adsense code since the other code types would not allow me to modify the javascript.

I use Genesis and I did this on the Magazine Pro theme. I would embed the video but I think that is against forum rules (It is a YouTube channel with only 1 video on it and no associated website)

If you want the video link PM and I'll paste the YouTube link into a reply. I think the tutorial will help you. In the video I reference another article on the subject of Adsense responsive code.