New and need your help.
Just stumbled across this site and I think it will definitely help me on my journey.
Great site Lisa and I am very new to this whole internet marketing game.
I do have a Ďbricks and mortarí local business, so running a business and marketing local isnít an issue for that business. Much of my business comes from word of mouth and referrals, which is consistent and provides regular cash flow.
I would now like to enter the affiliate marketing arena as I have acquired a great deal of experience and knowledge about the products I want to market.
However, I would really appreciate some kind assistance from your members on the following:-
1. I am familiar with the set-up of the domain and Wordpress process but which theme is best to use for multiple affiliate products, possibly in excess of 1,000 products - (I donít mind paid or free)?
2. Would you recommend creating a child theme for an affiliate site, or any site for that matter? (I will probably need to change background colours etc)?
3. I am in the UK. What is the best way to promote to people internationally? i.e. Should I create a separate website for UK & USA due to the issue of where products are dispatched from etc?
4. I will obviously be running an online business so do I need to register that business as a Ltd business in UK and a LLC in USA etc?
5. Payment methods - I will likely be using PayPal too, so do I need a personal account or a business account with PayPal? Or would you recommend an alternative payment method for running an affiliate site?
6. If using PayPal - How would you recommend I receive payment? Would it be best paid direct into a PayPal account or onto a PayPal Card?
7. How many affiliate programs am I permitted on a site. Can I mix them up and use separate programs and does having more than a certain amount affect an online business in any way?
I am a planner and I will likely have hundreds of questions for you guys once I start creating my site but the above are just some early issues that will help me determine which way forward.
Thanks in advance.
Welcome Blue Skies!
If you search around there are actually a hand full of "affiliate WordPress themes" and some are suitable for people promoting a lot of products so I would start there. I've always just used regular themes and tie my links in the content when applicable.
A child theme is always a good idea no matter the site. If you go with Genesis themes they have child themes already setup you can buy.
I'm always hesitant about giving legal advice, especially in other countries since things can vary. I would recommend talking to a professional locally who is well versed in Internet business law so you can help suitable for your unique situation.
This will help you make your PayPal decision https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...siness-outside
There are no limits to the number of affiliate programs you can join.
I would just add, that if you look at many of our threads you will see that being careful to use responsive themes is extremely important now so be sure to watch out for that. More and more people are using mobile devices now. Already, now, in the US at least mobile use exceeds pc use. So it is not really an option any more.
Douglas County Master Gardeners
"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
Originally Posted by lisa
Thanks, I appreciate your responses.
The reason I asked about Ltd or LLC was because with information overload I have read somewhere (canít remember where) that unless certain processes are set in place then receiving payment from USA customers or USA based affiliate programs to UK accounts can be an issue if running an online business from outside of the USA. I was hoping that some of your members who do operate from over the pond can clarify this for me.
PayPal - I was hoping for clarification of other memberís real life experiences, suggestions and advice with using PayPal. I had researched PayPal site and was aware of the information contained within the link you provided but nowhere on PayPal does it answer my query. I have read somewhere (again canít remember where) that PayPal can with-hold monies unless a certain account is being used.
Are you or any forum member aware of the correct set up at PayPal for accepting transactions via personal, premier or business account? What are members using that actually works?
Originally Posted by James
Are you saying that responsive themes are a good idea due to the volume of mobile phoned in use or a bad idea (you use the term Ďbeing carefulí)?
I would have thought that being capable of marketing to reach customers on as many levels as possible would be advantageous. My products are related to my sporting hobbies and will include over the shoulder video tutorials so a responsive theme would be ideal for me. Any suggestions on which one?