Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Changing sidebar size - Twenty Fourteen??

PernilleH1983 Guest

Question Changing sidebar size - Twenty Fourteen??

Hey Ya'll :-)

This is my first post and I'm from Denmark, so I hope ya'll understand what I'm writing :-)
    I've been an exchange student in Texas some years ago, so hopefully I haven't forgotten it all...

First of all - A million thanks to you, Lisa (hope your reading this!). I've been following you for several years and I've learned SO MUCH from your websites and most of all from your video tutorials. You ROCK!! :-) :-)

Anyway...
    I'm doing my first Wordpress site with the Twenty Fourteen theme. Had to start slow :-)

Now, I've searched everywhere for an answer to my question and I can't seem to find it.

I want to change the size of the left sidebar. I think it's to narrow. How do I do that?
    It seems that it's not possible - I've watched Lisa's video on how to change the stylesheet with Mozilla Firebug and watched numerous videos on Youtube, but still I can't seem to find out?

Can anyone please tell me how it's done? :-)

Thanks - Pernille

You just need to add some css to the bottom of your theme or child theme's css. I'm not using that theme, but you have to check out where it prefers to have your additions. If you have to add it on rather than having a separate file as many do, make a comment line indicating what you are adding below and remember to back it up before updating so you can re-code it afterward.

Remember that when you do this you may cause a few other things such as elements in your header or footer to get out of alignment. Here is a thread in another forum about one way to make this adjustment and some of the issues that arose with comments about how that was dealt with. It should be helpful to you.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou