Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: One more non-Wordpressy site

Default One more non-Wordpressy site

I am wrapping a site up at http://goo.gl/RrKVHq

I added rounded corners, a shadow to highlight the title block and removed the linkable title so it becomes a clickable slider on the cell phone. The most exciting part for me is that all this is done with the most basic of themes in twenty twelve and a child theme by adjusting the style sheets.

My personal goal was to come up with an easy to produce, but effective non bloggy looking website that was responsive as well. This one also features its own captured RSS feed on the page and converts the blog into more of a news engine.

A news engine on a website then becomes a source for its own social media posts and trackable click through links fro news letters. Plus it is a great content management system then for the customer. This make s a simple but effective solution.

So, why post it here? I think it may help some people get out of the box of what they can do with their sites and not have them looking cookie cutter or like so many spamalot sites thrown together that turn off their visitor.
    Like Bill at Facebook and Twitter.

and now Bill's Blog.

Spamalot... Two Words, Monty Pyton.

Site looks great just one quick suggestion, I loaded it up on an iphone + ipad, it's not centered, its set to the left, the theme.
    I don't know if this was done on purpose or what.

But yes, a contained content production system, can be an invaluable tool, for any small business short on resources (man hours) and I am impressed with this, goog job!

Good work, Bill.
    Good Success!

Douglas County Master Gardeners
    "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
    Maya Angelou

Been racking my head on that space on the right, but finally figured it out. It is coming from the Facebook post image on the lower right! Even though it does not show on the website, it is taking up container space. Once that banner post gets moved down, it should correct.

Wierd, huh?

and now Bill's Blog.

Wierd, huh?
    Don't know how weird, but common enough. Although even once in a while is too often.

I have seen things like this that left me puzzled for hours if not days. Not too long ago I had a situation where my menu bar just below the header on one site decided to relocate about 5 pixels to the right. (Sorry I can't even remember what caused it, but it made no sense at all and didn't even seem to relate to that part of the page. Crazy.)
    Good Success!

Douglas County Master Gardeners
    "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
    Maya Angelou

I take it you're going to do some formatting of the body copy? It looks like several rather dense paragraphs which would benefit from headings, bullets, indents, spacing etc.... I'm sure you'll be taking care of this once you have finalised the website style, yet it is still worth a mention I think.

Funny you saw that. I thought so as well. They had a writer do their content. I'm trying to figure a way to spread it out and not make it look like a newspaper.

and now Bill's Blog.