Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Anyone Earning With Zazzle or Spreadshirt?

Default Anyone Earning With Zazzle or Spreadshirt?

I always look forward to Spring and Summer because that's usually when my T-shirt sales pick up on my hair site. I've got a few requests for certain sayings so I'll be working on getting those shirts added to the store this month.

For those that don't know, stores like Zazzle and Spreadshirt make it very easy for you to sell T-shirts on your site. It's 100% free. The idea is to create shirts with sayings that are relevant to your niche and you can use social media or Pinterest to promote them.

All you do is add the images to the shirts (you can create them or have someone else do it for you) and the company creates the shirts and ship. Plus they always offer PROMO codes so you can send those out to your list when you promote your shirts. I also like that you set your own mark-up/commission.

I haven't really used Pinterest much to promote my shirts, but I plan to experiment more with that this summer. I've seen the natural hair shirts get tons of RE-pins but the key is to make the images of the shirts large and eye-catching. Unfortunately the screenshots from the stores are always so small so it's gonna take some Photoshopping to get creative.

I have been using Zazzle for three years, but have decided to switch to Spreadshirt recently. The commissions are a little better and I think their buying process is more intuitive.

It's fun coming up with the shirt sayings. The forum members on the site also help give me ideas for what to put on the shirts.

Just thought I'd share for anyone interested. This is a really good way to monetize certain niche sites... especially if there are catchy sayings associated with your niche. I know a lot of people struggle with monetizing entertainment sites and this is a great way.

I'm off to Photoshop-land.

This is great, I love creative challenges like that. I too would like to find a way to create t Shirts for a niche audience. It's one of those things that will have to wait for now but I'll always be thinking of how I could use it in future.

I like coming up with marketing copy, quotes, idioms, lyrical stuff, poetic devices.

I remember at college I made a couple of t shirts using iron transfer paper as an experiment. I would most likely use some kind of QR code as part of the design.

I have recently started using Zazzle. I am in the process of adding designs, so I am excited to see what will happen

My question: Let's say you are selling your design on t-shirts on multiple sites...like Zazzle and Spreadshirt...will the prices for the shirts vary from site to site? And is that a problem if your shirt sells for a higher price on one site than on another?

I was thinking about going to multiple sites to sell, but didn't want to get in trouble if there are price differences...
    Misti's Fonts | Fonts by Misti Hammers: mistifonts.com

Zazzle is kinda out and Teespring is in. There are hundreds of success stories with Teespring and Facebook out on the internet(Google "how I made * with teespring" and check out what comes up). There are people making money with free traffic as well. It seems that Teespring has left behind all the other T-shirt platforms for now - it's very user friendly, popular and geared for maximum revenues for T-shirt sellers.

Misti, it's not a problem at all. I read about this in forums and it seems a lot of people sell on multiple platforms.

emvy, I've never even heard of Teespring but after reading up on it it seems they focus more on helping you earn more and there is more marketing behind it so I will definitely check them out. I generate most of my sales directly from my site and it seems that Teespring is geared to work more with social media -- which makes sense since it's so relevant now.

Gonna check into it more. Cool, thanks!