Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: How i gained traffic to a newly launched website

Default How i gained traffic to a newly launched website

Hi everyone,
    i'd like to share with you a little "experiment" i've made with a new website i launched a few days ago.
    The website is an international version of my Hebrew 5-years-old website. It's about Artistic Gymnastics.
    I was in charge of building the website and 2 friends of mine added a few articles. Last weekend when we published the website on social networks, we didn't get too much traffic, which is normal i guess.
    But yesterday i had an idea and it raised the traffic from less than 10 a day to almost 100 visitors.
    What i did was creating a quiz about something concerning my niche (the quiz is about the upcoming European Championships). I added 40 questions, some of them are really challanging. Then after sharing the link in social platforms (Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest so far), i got lots of results into my mailbox from people all around the world who tried solving the quiz.
    It's so nice seeing that, and i also saw some comments about tit and it looks like people are having fun trying to solve it.

If any of you would like to try it on your website, and you're using Wordpress, here are details about the plugin i used. It's called Quiz Master Next and it has lots of features. It's totally free, and you can add as many questions as you want. You can have multiple choice questions, drop down, open answers and some more question types. Also, you can see each contestant detailed results, ask for their feedback, create a quiz certificate, add a leaderboard and more. I love this plugin and so glad i found it!
    It looks like people really love quizzes about topics close to their hearts :-)

That's it, thought i would share this idea with you, if it worked for me it may help you guys too!

Maya.

Thank you Maya!

It goes to show how connecting and interacting with your visitors can establish your website's credibility. I'm working on a healthy food choices (with a twist of dieting) website and may benefit from such a quiz.
    Thanks for sharing, this is one of the things that drew me to this site. People share practical info that we can use without having to pay for it.

Keep us posted in case you do more quizzes.

This sounds interesting, but I doubt that it will go as smoothly as this for any niche. However, the thing that is more intriguing is the idea behind it. To challenge your target group with something that will take them time and make them think on.

Hi again everyone,
    i'm glad some of you can benefit from the idea! And @mbasa you're right, the sharing aspect on this forum is what brings me back here again and again too, and makes me want to share new things with others in order to "give back".

I wanted to update about the quiz as CRAZY stuff are happening!
    See, i get the quiz results into my mailbox whenever someone tries to solve it. I got a few answers here and there since i published it, which was cool, but today i noticed that i suddenly got hundreds of mails, and realized someone decided to link to the quiz from their website. Analytics showed awesome results - the website reached more than 400 visitors only today, and over 560 people viewed the quiz page. The "live" option in analytics showed the number 31 at some point... i was shocked.

So yeah you're right @TimmyGriffin, it might not work out with any niche, but what happened today just showed me that with a bit of creativity and hard work (it took time to think of all those questions), cool stuff come your way and maybe someone with a popular website might think that what you did is cool and link back to you

Thanks,
    Maya.

I absolutely love threads like this. What a fun idea to increase engagement, and thanks for sharing your experiment with us! Never heard of this plugin before. Interesting indeed!

Great idea.. Glad I joined this forum. This can certainly work for the niche I have in mind.
    Thanks Maya!

Frank.Corso Guest

Greetings Everyone:

I am the developer of the Quiz Master Next plugin. Maya, I am glad that you liked the plugin enough to recommend it. I have worked many hours on it. If anyone decides to use the plugin and has a question or needs assistance, feel free to contact me.

~Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank.Corso View Post
    Greetings Everyone:

I am the developer of the Quiz Master Next plugin. Maya, I am glad that you liked the plugin enough to recommend it. I have worked many hours on it. If anyone decides to use the plugin and has a question or needs assistance, feel free to contact me.

~Frank
    Cool that you came here, Frank!
    You did an awesome job with this plugin, more than 400 people solved the quiz already and one big website in my niche linked to it, saying it's a very easy to use quiz. As i said before - i'm glad i found it, after searching for a good one for a while now.
    Thanks again, keep up the good work! It's being appreciated.
    Maya.

Thanks so much for sharing this. ^_^
    Not only does it sound like a good way to get traffic but it sounds like a lot of fun to be honest. I may have to try it out sometime.

Thanks Mayabi for sharing. I'll give it a try!

There is no luck except where there is discipline | 12BET
    - Irish Proverb

Hey Maya! I'm back. I just wanna ask how was the bounce rate of traffic?

There is no luck except where there is discipline | 12BET
    - Irish Proverb

alibuttt Guest

Hi all of you, I have launched my new website named as bhai.pk and I want local traffic on it from Pakistan. Can anyone suggest me in this regard.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patricialee83 View Post
    Hey Maya! I'm back. I just wanna ask how was the bounce rate of traffic?
    Hry patricia-
    the bounce rate was pretty high - 65%. What was really good is the average time on the quiz page - which was over 8 minutes!

Have you tried it yet?