Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone remembers my AdSense account ban in July 2012? I know I do!

Angry Anyone remembers my AdSense account ban in July 2012? I know I do!

And now there is an open letter from some anonymous ex-employee.

I don't know if it's true, it looks like it is because it's very precise, but if I were to do a fake open letter, I too would be very precise in my fake letter.. Because it then looks real.

http://pastebin.com/qh6Tta3h

But I'm biased to believe this open letter to be real, because what happened to me can't be explained just by saying "oh well, Google hires monkeys, so they do a monkey job" it just doesn't fit the image I have of a big organization.. OK you hire cheap labor / monkeys, but you don't let them handle everything, you also have upper management to deal with parts of the process down the line..

For instance I'm not surprised if a monkey bans my account by mistake, but then I would expect the appeal process to be handled by humans, with some education, able to do a proper copy&paste for instance... And it obviously wasn't the case for my several appeal processes..

So, the explanation that this open letter brings suits better to a big corporation such as Google which we know all tends to have sociopath behavior.. If they need quick cash in order to improve their share's value for this quarter, they'll do anything to achieve their goal, including banning high earning publishers who are unlikely to make further problem about the ban and keep the money to improve the quarterly figures, even scarifying the account's future potential earnings, as long as the immediate needs of the corporation are met.

What do you think? Have you been banned in the past years with a high earning account? High earning from the open letter seems to be a minimum of $5,000 a month..

When they banned me, they kept $11,000 earnings from the month of June and 3 weeks into July. So, the date of my ban, the amount of my earnings, the very surprising ban itself (no clear reason) and the bad-joke appeal process(es) all point to the things mentioned in the open letter..

Please share your opinion about this..

adsensemonkey.jpg
    Please don't click and register right now because the thing is broken.

Want traffic? Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 250,000+ UV / Month

It's impossible to say any company is not capable of that.

"Just look at anyone worth more than 100 million dollars, they either inheritered it, or stole it" -Movie I watched the other day.

Now if there IS a class action against google, that will crash the stock. And a lot of people invested in google will lose a lot of money, some will lose everything.

Unfortunately the damage has been done. Even if there was a class action, media is heavily involved with google, and probablly won't report on it. It's a broken, bias system. But hey, Things aren't all that bad with money as a god.

I'm being sarcastic in that last sentance.

Well, we don't know if there is any truth in that open letter.
    I read many people who are so quick to dismiss it because the source is anonymous and because Google denied any wrongdoing..
    Well, for me it's not so easy to believe something is false just because the "accused" denied it.. That's a little bit too easy.. :-)

We don't know really, but when I read the open letter it struck me because of my own experience, all boxes are ticked in my case; date/timeframe, amount of earnings per month, way of doing the whole ban process, I wasn't going to retaliate much (not in my power) etc..

But yes it could as well be fake, or real, I stay open on this topic.

Want traffic? Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 250,000+ UV / Month

I think the letter is most likely a hoax. At the same time, I don't find it hard to accept that Google would engage in those practices alleged in the letter. But as for the letter itself, any disgruntled publisher could have written it.

The purpose was to get that money owed to publishers back to Google AdSense, while having already served up the ads to the public.
    As far as I know, Google is not liable for unpaid earnings to publishers. It would be Google's right to terminate an account at any time, and for any reason. It would be in the contract. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So even if what is alleged in the letter is true, I am skeptical that publishers have reason to claim being cheated by Google. It's not illegal (again correct me if I'm wrong).

They also fear those whose primary monthly earnings are from AdSense, because in many countries if a person claims the monthly amount to their tax agency and they state the monthly amount and that they are earning money from Google on a monthly basis, in certain nations technically Google can be seen as an employer. Thus, an employer who withholds payment of earnings, can be heavily fined by government bodies dealing with labor and employment.
    I am skeptical about this too. No legal documentation is referenced, nor does it even name any countries that supposedly recognise AdSense as an 'employer'. Anyone could have made that up.

I also think that even if it's true, there is nothing illegal about not paying me over $11,000 in earnings and it's not theft because they didn't take that money from me, they never gave it to me in the first place.
    The business relationship was based on trust (I put the ads on my site, then I may get paid eventually) and the trust has been broken, that's it.
    There is no theft involved.
    Plus they know that doing that to a non US resident they are about 99% sure that publisher won't even dream of suing them.
    Anyway, now, one day later, there's a follow-up, a new letter in response to the various reactions :

http://www.nairaland.com/1724086/ano...ts-google-robs
    What is funny is that perhaps it's another prankster who wrote the second letter, who knows? :-)
    Last edited by James Colin; 05-01-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Interesting. I haven't heard about this and gonna take a look.

James, I went ahead and linked to the Shoemoney article since these links are pointing to your site.

I don't want to enforce any bad habits from spammers or people here to self promote their own sites. Thanks.

Reading the second letter only further convinces me it's a hoax, or sour grapes at least.

Lisa, then link directly to the pastebin.com pages where the original letter has been posted in the first place. Shoemoney did only what I did and pasted it on his blog, that's all.
    I mean, link to pastebin if you want, I'm not commanding you to do whatever :-)

Quote Originally Posted by James Colin View Post
    Lisa, then link directly to the pastebin.com pages where the original letter has been posted in the first place. Shoemoney did only what I did and pasted it on his blog, that's all.
    I mean, link to pastebin if you want, I'm not commanding you to do whatever :-)
    Oh OK, I couldn't find the original at first and yes, that's what I want. Got it. Thanks for understanding James.

OK, I'm just getting caught up on all this. Wow! Wow! Wow! What a scandal. Hard to know what to believe but one thing I always found strange and very frustrating for a lot of publishers is why do they often wait to ban people right before they got their first check.

I probably received at least 300 emails in the last 3 years from frustrated publishers who were so excited to get their first checks only to be banned right before payment was to be released. This article may explain why. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

I never understood why their quality control team didn't catch these accounts earlier on. First of all, that would prevent people from feeling duped. Second, wouldn't it have been easier to manage if you catch these accounts early on? I always thought that process was very strange.

And I used to think that Google was only banning people who deserved it but I changed my tune in 2012 after the massive amounts of bans all at once and attending numerous conferences from people who all shared the same story. I don't believe all these people were clicking their own ads or cheating. I had a feeling something else was going on but couldn't prove it.

Wow, this is all so interesting indeed.

Ok, and same thing for the second letter, nairaland.com is not more a source than my forum, the real source is still pastebin :
    http://pastebin.com/DXTu8Mcm

I have had first hand experience of such an incredible ban, I don't know if you remember mine in july 2012, but I have documented the whole thing, and seriously since then I use the term monkey as degoratory but not JUST because I've been ban.
    But people always think that I'm disgruntled and so that's why I'm insulting google. I gave up explaining myself, but it's really because of that sense of injustice, and of incompetence from their part (I mean the appeal process, with the failed copy&paste of an irrelevant reply anyway was to me a proof I wasn't receiving this from an educated human being)

Stopping talking about my own case, I read many people are saying "well it's stupid to ban high earning accounts for nothing, google wouldn't do that, it makes no sense"
    But those people just think at their own individual level, and yes it makes no sense to kill a golden goose.
    But if you think as a corporation, which is on the share market, the important thing is the value of the share, and to do things to improve a quarter results just to avoid the share value to go lower, or just to slow down it's going down, can be seen more important than the financial results of 6 months ahead..
    And if you remember that time google was having some difficulties (when we talk difficulties for google it's still billions in profits, just a little less than expected, but it was enough to have an effect of their share value)
    And especially since it's so easy to find new webmasters able to earn over $5000 a month, it isn't even a major problem.. When you think how people even banned try to get back in by registering their sister, etc.. It means that ad network is superior and so will have no shortage of new publishers.
    Last edited by James Colin; 05-02-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Nice video Lisa, you are brave to speak up. Even if I believe that you must be in the green group if it exists. Because you're an influencer AND based in the US, a bit too close for comfort.. A very potential trouble maker in case of an unfair ban.. :-)

Plus I'm not sure Google does need to do that anymore (talking about the high earnings account).. They've not been in the same share market crisis as they once were...

I am still an Adsense publisher. At the same time, I am a Google stock owner. Despite earning money from Adsense, I have long been suspicious about it. I think it would only be a matter of time before someone successfully pry open the Pandora Box - y'know, the one with "Don't Be Evil" written all over it, and let the world see what evil is lurking inside.

Although I am still earning from Adsense, I find myself aligned with all the publishers who have gotten their accounts banned. I fully sympathize with them, and I do believe that they didn't purpose cause their accounts to be banned. But what is being alleged now sounds very sinister. I would rather that my Google stock drop to zero than to see justice withheld.

Quote Originally Posted by tim-the-traveler View Post
    I am still an Adsense publisher. At the same time, I am a Google stock owner. Despite earning money from Adsense, I have long been suspicious about it. I think it would only be a matter of time before someone successfully pry open the Pandora Box - y'know, the one with "Don't Be Evil" written all over it, and let the world see what evil is lurking inside.

Although I am still earning from Adsense, I find myself aligned with all the publishers who have gotten their accounts banned. I fully sympathize with them, and I do believe that they didn't purpose cause their accounts to be banned. But what is being alleged now sounds very sinister. I would rather that my Google stock drop to zero than to see justice withheld.
    I agree, Tim. As a long-time supporter of Adsense and a person who has done very, very well with it in the last 11 years, I have started to have my doubts as well. I realize Google doesn't owe us explanations, etc. but a little transparency about some of the things that go on would be nice.

Hello everyone happy Cinco-da-Mayo.

Lisa, can you perhaps publish a few of those adsense emails you mentioned in your video? Names, and any other confid. info redacted of course. It would be a neat read.

Those who don't want to believe this could be true, are lost anyway, all arguments fall on dead ears.
    For instance, I've shared your video on french forums and you know what some said?
    "300 emails over 3 years is nothing for a US adsense guru"
    What do they know? They don't receive even ONE email of a banned publisher in their whole life..

So some people are crazy, they have strong opinions about things, backed up with thin air (coming out of their a..), and criticize even those who simply say that we can't tell one way or the other without proof..
    And they are all so quick to talk about "conspiracy theories" that it is, to me, the same as reaching the Godwin point!
    Last edited by James Colin; 05-06-2014 at 04:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast