Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Amazon boots people out now after 90 days if no referral

Default Amazon boots people out now after 90 days if no referral

FYI a friend got this email from Amazon,

We are writing to notify you that your Associates Program application has been rejected and you will no longer have access to Associates Central. This action was taken because we have not yet received a referral from your account. Accounts that have not referred a sale within in 90-days of sign-up are automatically rejected.
    You are free to reapply to the Associates Program at any time, but we recommend only doing so if your website receives consistent traffic. You can access the application here: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...work/main.html We wish you the best of luck with your website in the future.

Looks like it's happening to other people, too.

http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...-accounts.html

Not sure if by referral they mean a click-through, or an actual sale as a result of that click through.

Whoa! Interesting! I guess they are trying to clean house and get rid of inactive affiliates. I know a lot of merchants on CJ do this but I've never seen a large standalone network do this. Well at least it's not like Clickbank where you get charged if you don't make sales. At least they used to do that.

They've done it so that they can force affiliates to take some action! I guess 99% of affiliates of any product sign up and then do nothing. I launch products online and each time I do I get hundreds of requests for affiliate approval but only a handful manage any sales. It must be the same with Amazon, CJ, CPA and any affiliate program.

An easy solution is to sign up for Skimlinks or Viglinks, if you want to promote Amazon products. Due to their sheer volume of sales they stay on the top tier of Amazon commissions, and you get the benefit of it too. Even after you consider their cut you will still earn more than the first few tiers of Amazon commissions. Since it is their Amazon account that you are using, you will never be booted out!

Thank you emvy548 for the info on Skimlinks!

Reading this caused me to take a look at my Amazon account. I often disregard it because I earn so pitifully little from it. To my surprise I am making sales every month, though the amount is nothing to shout about.

Quote Originally Posted by tim-the-traveler View Post
    Reading this caused me to take a look at my Amazon account. I often disregard it because I earn so pitifully little from it. To my surprise I am making sales every month, though the amount is nothing to shout about.
    I was making pennies for awhile too but finally got into the 3 digits per month by adding review charts to help people compare products. I know that Amazon doesn't work for every site but if you do increase your orders you will earn more because you move up the commission ladder.

For those who don't know, Chris Guthrie, who now owns Easy Azon and other digital products; at one time he was earning $90,000 per year on Amazon. Can you imagine?

I'm loving Easy Azon, and am glad I got it, I'd just warn people to get their site traffic up first so they don't get booted out of every amazon program in the world all at once lol. I'm sure I will be! No regrets though about Easy Azon' it is amazing.

90k eh, at one point, just from Amazon links alone?

I have to give a bit of background here, I am someone who believes the workman is worthy of his hire and I always try to make sure people working with me and for me are paid fairly and if they are about to undersell themselves I speak up and tell them.

Anyway, today the Easy Azon guy sent out an email. He has a high end professional video on his web site, which someone spent 3 weeks apparently doing and charged him $500 for, he says -- and he thinks both numbers are way too high. In his email, he gave three links (commission affiliate links presumably) to a piece of video software for $50, saying you can use that to do videos faster and cheaper than what he had to go through. In addition to those 3 links, there were 2 additional links: unsubscribe and "if you can't read this, click here." Well all 5 links were broken. None of them worked. In any of the email programs I tried.

In my mind, his email completely disproved the "speed" and "cheapness" he was trying to sell; it showed that it's still true that "haste makes waste" and there is still a place in this world for taking your time to do quality work and getting it right (like the three weeks on the video, no doubt of which a lot was back and forth communication and changes.)

And hearing how much he had been making at least at one point just from one source alone, and begrudging someone $500 for three weeks of professional labour, just makes me shake my head. People, it's not a race to the bottom and remember to be nice to people on the way up because you will surely see them on the way back down. Okay I'm off my pulpit lol.

Lisa, if you feel this is OT and want to delete it, I'm kewl with that, just using it to say, sometimes the best things in life aren't free, sometimes they require time and a bit of money to get right, and that is true in our internet work as well.
    Last edited by Randal Oulton; 05-09-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randal Oulton View Post
    and remember to be nice to people on the way up because you will surely see them on the way back down.
    I always say that to myself! I was thinking deeply about this exact quote the other day. It's like you read my mind!

I am very worried about this. I have no made a single sale since signing up last year.