Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Making money with BlogHer

Default Making money with BlogHer

If you are a female blogger and you want to make money with sponsored posts or being a BlogHer sponsored publisher, then you should consider BlogHer. A few weeks ago, I signed up for BlogHer because I learned that they have an ad network and you can make more money than Adsense. Check out these income posts: A Pinch of Yum IRealFoods. Of course your income is still based on your traffic.

However, it is hard to get into their publisher's network. They will tell you to reapply again in 6 months. Read about it here.. I wasn't accepted but I am active on there and will reapply in 6 months.

One can also get paid by submitting and article and if they like it, they will pay $50 for each written article. It is their content-syndication program. They will syndicate a post from your blog or assign an original post to you, we will put it on their homepage, promote it via our social media channels, and pay you!

I got one post syndicated last week and I will get paid 45 days from now.

They also have a Social Media INFLUENCER program. They will give you an assignment to share on your social media platform and they will pay you $50.

As you can see there is more out there than just relying on Google Adsense for money.
    Last edited by laurend1985; 04-28-2014 at 03:24 PM.
    http://thefrugalexerciser.blogspot.com
    You don't have to spend a lot of money to get in shape.

Lisa, have you worked with them?
    http://thefrugalexerciser.blogspot.com
    You don't have to spend a lot of money to get in shape.

You can often get these kind of deals going directly to a vendor/manufacturer as well. Without a network such as this.

I had a software vendor recently ask me to do paid reviews/tutorial videos for $50. So it is possible to get these deals yourself. Of course a network has more convenience. But if rejected, there are other options.
    Last edited by STB; 04-29-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laurend1985 View Post
    Lisa, have you worked with them?
    No sure haven't. I'm not really a fan of sponsored posts. Cool story though and a great option for some bloggers. Keep us posted on how it goes for ya. I'm all about diversification of income!

As STB said, don't forget about private deals. When your site starts getting a lot of traffic you can approach vendors and cut deals or even negotiate higher commissions.