Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Building A New Website With Old Articles From Another Website

Default Building A New Website With Old Articles From Another Website

Hey guys it has been a while since I have been on this forum. I have a quick question. I have a website that I started and it has a few complete articles and some incomplete articles on it. They weere published and I was adding to them incrementally. I know this seems weird but I wanted to experiment with something to see how Google would treat the articles.

Anyway, I would like to create a new website that is somewhat related to the old one but in a different niche. I would like to take a few articles from the old site and close it down. After closing the old site down I would like to start entering the old articles into the site on a weekly basis.

I do not want to do any redirecting of the old site to the new site plus I do not want to have to pay the yearly fee for the old site.

Is this feasible? Will Google penalize my new site? Can they compare the articles since the old site will be completely obliterated/shut down? I do not want to be penalized for duplicate content but the content is all mine and I wrote the words all myself. I would love to hear what you guys have to say.

Wow! Long time no see Web4Food.

Good news, this is a simple fix. You can tell Google to remove the old pages in your Google Webmaster Tools account so there won't be any issues with duplicate content. It only takes a few hours to a day for them to remove it. So do that first before you publish the new site.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    Wow! Long time no see Web4Food.

Good news, this is a simple fix. You can tell Google to remove the old pages in your Google Webmaster Tools account so there won't be any issues with duplicate content. It only takes a few hours to a day for them to remove it. So do that first before you publish the new site.
    Wow, I have not had time to respond. Busy busy!

Hey Lisa,

Yeah it's been a good while since I have perused this forum (good one btw). Looks like I will need to remove the data from Yahoo/Bing as well. Thanks for the tip.

Cheers!