Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warrior Forum Buys Freelancer

Default Warrior Forum Buys Freelancer

Don't know if you heard but it's a pretty big deal to a lot of people. The popular Internet Marketing Warrior Forum just bought Freelancer for 3.2 million.

The comments are kind of funny. One said, "The worst outsourcing site meets the worst Internet marketing forum." LOL

http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/15/fre...warrior-forum/

Well that's...interesting. Why would a freelancing company buy an internet marketing forum?

Cool

ERR: Lisa's title is amiss. Should be Warrior Forum buys Freelancer.com. Here's the email I got:

Hi SEO-webdesign,

I started Warrior Forum back in 1997 with the goal of creating a community of like minded internet marketers to share ideas, learn from each other and build their online empires. In 17 years I am proud to say that our community has grown to over 732,000 members strong, making us the world’s largest internet marketing forum.

Today I am happy to announce that Warrior Forum will become part of the Freelancer.com family. I’ve spent a long time thinking about what the best next step should be and I feel certain that Freelancer.com will be able to provide Warrior Forum with the resources, energy and time required to continue the community and improve it to make it even bigger and better.

Freelancer.com is the world’s largest outsourcing and freelancing marketplace with a community of over 10.8 million skilled professionals from all over the globe. They are growing quickly and have participated in forums just like you and I.

Warrior Forum will remain independent to Freelancer.com and will have a separate dedicated team to better support you. I know they are excited to be joining our great community and will be working alongside us to take Warrior Forum to the next level. You’ll receive an introduction email from Freelancer.com shortly.

For those that haven’t been on the forum for a while, come back and check it out. There are millions of threads and a wealth of information being shared everyday.

warriorforum.com

I look forward to this exciting new phase of Warrior Forum and hope you can join me in welcoming Freelancer.com!

- Allen Says

Yea, I've used Warrior Forum, but yea, there's a bunch of garbage there. Funny how you see other users recommend others' new products, as if they're in cahoots (probably are ).
    Last edited by webdesignbysteve; 04-15-2014 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Had URL in message

Oh crap, I had it backwards! lol Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by webdesignbysteve View Post
    Yea, I've used Warrior Forum, but yea, there's a bunch of garbage there. Funny how you see other users recommend others' new products, as if they're in cahoots (probably are ).
    There's some total crap on there... and there's some very charistmatic people selling it.

Honestly, some of the s*** people say on there is just pandering to the worst attributes of newbie internet marketers; laziness.

All the "products" seem to be contingent on exploiting loopholes in one thing or another. There are some excellent members on there and the good news is you don't find them anywhere near the Warrior Special Offers forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    There's some total crap on there... and there's some very charistmatic people selling it.

Honestly, some of the s*** people say on there is...

There are some excellent members on there and the good news is you don't find them anywhere near the Warrior Special Offers forum.
    So right in every way!!

Go Australia!

In all seriousness, I hope this lifts the quality of the Warrior Forum

Yeah I never spent much time there but I know one thing... I saw some of the crappiest offers there that often involved SEO. It just left a bad taste in my mouth.

I was very surprised about Freelancer buying the Warrior Forum for over £3m, as I didn't think they'd have that kind of surplus cash available due to Fiverr eating away at their business model over the past couple of years?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Well that's...interesting. Why would a freelancing company buy an internet marketing forum?
    For traffic.

A website's net worth online is based on the amount of traffic that it gets. In the month of May WF saw a traffic volume of over 43 million visitors. You can do a lot with that kind of traffic, whether you own a forum or as a member in it. In fact, you can easily earn at least $100 every day just by having an account and posting regularly on such a forum. It feels good when your posts get you a good flow of traffic to your blog and earns you a decent amount of money.

Not all, some of the products they offer there are good.

There is no luck except where there is discipline | 12BET
    - Irish Proverb

What are the implications of this move? warrior forums in not going to change but how will freelancer change? I hate that site by the way ppl from countries like India build websites for $40 and its screwd in all phases but that is really unrelated lol

Warrior forums was bought by freelancer, this is the correct one.

I don't think warrior forums is still great like before. I've been seeing a lot of obvious starting out spam posting nonsense queries with actually obvious answer, just my opinion. I just hope it won't be too late before they take an action on it.

There is no luck except where there is discipline | 12BET
    - Irish Proverb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast