Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Site planning stage

Default Site planning stage

Hi babblers,

I've been reading this forum for years now without necessarily taking any action or contributing. Over the years I've joined ample programs that teach me to make money online, build niche sites or making money with free sites. I haven't really followed through with any of them.
    However, I realized that I have wealth of information accumulated through the e-books and programs that I've bought. I decided to work on a niche using free sites. My targeted keywords are ranking well with Google and I decided to move the content from free sites to my own website.

In the mean time, I'm drawing up a site plan and grouping my keywords into Tiers 1-3. This is what I learn't on SBI. Based on what I have, I'm looking at an initial website of 30 pages. The niche is quite focused and narrow and it is something that I enjoy researching and sharing.

I intend to give this site the rest of the year to perform.

Glad you decided to join us! But I'm assuming you are going to expand beyond 30 pages right? What is your strategy going to be beyond content? Are you going to do video? Podcasting?

Thanks for your input Lisa. I just need to put up the initial pages first. The niche is quite narrow and focused and very product oriented. So far pinterest drives the most traffic to the free sites due to the visual nature of the niche. I am also considering slide show youtube videos as well.

So basically, my strategy involves social media and some video marketing.

glad to hear you are considering other traffic sources apart from SEO however i must warn you not to totally forget about SEO. Slowly and naturally work your way to the top. Goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by mbasa View Post
    Thanks for your input Lisa. I just need to put up the initial pages first. The niche is quite narrow and focused and very product oriented. So far pinterest drives the most traffic to the free sites due to the visual nature of the niche. I am also considering slide show youtube videos as well.

So basically, my strategy involves social media and some video marketing.
    I think your contents must have power otherwise visitors will not stay on your site. you must use relative and informative videos to control the bounce rate of your site.

Quote Originally Posted by mbasa View Post
    I've been reading this forum for years now without necessarily taking any action or contributing.
    Most people never get to creating a website because tomorrow never really comes.

Like Nike says, "Just Do It"! Forget about the elaborate planning for a short while, log into your computer and create a website - this of course includes acquiring a domain and hosting, redirecting to name servers and installing WordPress. Once that is done, write your first article and publish it immediately.

Believe me if you do what I have typed above, you will be able to make your 30-page website much faster. Once you have something on the burner you will be forced to tend to it and complete what you have planned to do for so long. Best of luck!

Thanks Maja for mentioning the videos. I have another blog on a topic that I'm passionate about. Most of my post have videos there. It is a technique I learned when I was busy with Squidoo.

Thanks for the encouragement, much appreciated.

Hey Babblers, thanks for your responses and advice. I'm concerned though that the site I wanted to use is under a generic domain name that will need to change first. I thought it better if I do not continue with this project until I sorted this first. I am worried that I may compromise traffic If I change the domain name at a later stage, when I already have content and traffic.

What are your views? Anyone ever changed a domain name to an existing and functioning website? What was the impact?