How to Customize a WordPress Theme

Thread: Where did all my traffic come from?

Default Where did all my traffic come from?

Hi,
    I hope I am posting my question in the right forum.
    Anyway, I have been on vacation for the past week and I just sat down to check my email.
    I got over 10 "likes" on my Facebook page. I thought that was nice, but I usually get 2 or 3 not 10 in one day. So, I clicked on the names of the new people and they are into knitting (my site is about knitting) so I figured they were not spam.
    I thought I would check my Feedburner subscriptions and my subscribers increased by 300 this week ~ I looked on the list and on April 10th I got 100 and on April 11th another 100. This just does not happen with my blog. When I left for vacation I had about 175 subscribers and now I have nearly 500. I am a bit worried about this... why would I have such a large jump? Does anyone know of a site that teaches thru video how to check things like this ~ like where these people came from and how they found my site?
    Thank you so much for your time,
    Joan

Sounds like you have a luxury problem, Joan

My initial thoughts is that something to do with Google's algorithm have changed and you site may be getting some additional exposure, boosting your brand's popularity perhaps? Fluctuations are common. Maybe someone pointed a backlink at your site and it sent some good referral traffic?

Thank you Darren,
    I sure hope you are right! This makes me happy, I was worried that someone was trying to spam me or something. I just can't wrap my head around the whole SEO, keywords, etc... stuff.
    I just try and write relevant content and trust the Lord to do the rest.
    Thanks again,
    Joan
    P.S. I just checked out your links and found them interesting. I like the Handy Tool for Businesses~ I will try and learn something there. I will go and subscribe to your youtube channel right now ~ if you have something for the newbie I will love it! ♥

Thanks Joan, although I am taking that blog down soon (The Google SMS link) and recreating that content elsewhere.

Way to go Joan! Do you have Analytics installed? You could see where your referral traffic is coming from.