How to Customize a WordPress Theme

Thread: New here and finding my niche.

Default New here and finding my niche.

Hey there everyone, I'm new here and eager to meet and learn from everyone here. My name is Savanna or you can call me Savi.

I've been doing a lot of research on affiliate marketing and other ways to make money with websites for the last few weeks. Don't worry that's not all I want to do and I know I would get nowhere if all I had my mind on was making money. I really would like to find a niche that I can work in and find a way to help people with it in a way that makes it worth their time. I thought I knew what I wanted to do with a website but the more I look at it the more I realize it won't have enough to offer with my previous plan. But I can always use the idea for a personal blog at least.

I won't go into detail on that in my new member post though. I just wanted to say hi and I hope to enjoy my time here and learning from others while I'm on my journey to figuring out what path I want to take with my website. I'm a little disgruntled but not giving up. ^_^

Welcome to the Babble!

For a better experience here, you may want to check out our Guidelines and Forum Help in the top horizontal menu and at least listen to the video (better to read as well). You will find some interesting tips and information that you will want to know, such as signature requirements, etc.

Glad to have you join the forum, a great place to learn and share.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

Great to have you here! You are in the right place so ask away!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the welcome from both of you and the offer of help. I hope that someday I can get to the point where I know enough to help others as well. ^_^

And I would really be more than happy to post my questions and concerns for my site and ideas in a more appropriate part of the forum.

Hello Sensiblesavi,
    Welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by sensiblesavi View Post
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate the welcome from both of you and the offer of help. I hope that someday I can get to the point where I know enough to help others as well. ^_^

And I would really be more than happy to post my questions and concerns for my site and ideas in a more appropriate part of the forum.
    Cool, by the way... I love your state! I'm headed there next month.

Really? That's awesome! Where about do you plan to visit? I know I love it here, but if I could I would live closer to the mountains.

Yes, there are a lot of different geographic areas in Colorado. We lived in Colorado for a while when I was quite young but we were really far from the mountains, in Lamar which is toward the eastern side of the state. We drove over to the Garden of the Gods area and other places a few times so we did get to see some of the beautiful areas a bit. But where we lived my memories are more of the thistles that afflicted my bike tires!
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

I love the garden of the gods. Don't get to go that way often though. Oh thistles.. I have not so fond memories of goat head thorns. Those are nasty.

I have not so fond memories of goat head thorns. Those are nasty.
    Yep! Those were the most hated. We had to put tubes of this sticky stuff in our bike inner tubes to plug the holes long enough to ride! Nasty indeed.
    Good Success!

Goat head thorns - we have 'em here in Prescott AZ (moved here in Aug 2010).

I had a Facebook friend ask me what she could do to make money with her computer. I told her to make a blog using something she has a great interest in. Then use AdSense, Amazon, and other programs. Researching, I found more folks make good money doing that, but it takes quite a while, lost of research, & lots of writing.

Oh yep... there they are. I remember one time when I was a kid, I was running around barefoot in the yard and didn't realize there was a patch of them. My feet were covered. Not fun.

That's kind of what I'm going for. I think I'm going to start with affiliate marketing but would definitely like to add some other things like adsense at some point. The writing part I don't mind so much but I'm certainly having a lot to research and learn. I've never even used wordpress before so I'm trying to play around with it and watch some videos. And I used to be decent with some html stuff but it's been a while and I've never done anything with css before so that's new. It's going to be a bumpy but fun ride. At least I will learn a lot. Thanks for all the tips, everyone. I feel like such a newbie because I don't really know anything. But gotta start somewhere.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you find what you are looking for.
    Best regards
    Thomas
    Blog | Twitter | Facebook Fan page | YouTube | Google+

Hello! I'm new here too, was lurking through the forum, and those thorns got my attention It's always amusing to learn such little things about different places A travelling blog with those little (but surely important) details might be not such a bad idea.. Just a random thought