Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Javascript question

Default Javascript question

Howdy folks, thanks for reading my post. I'm in a tiny bit of a jam here, and would really appreciate some advice.

I am working on the first stages of developing a website. This website will sell itself, and will provide users access to it's database of lessons.

Now, while browsing for ideas about how I want this website to look, I remembered the google glass website. It's pretty simple, it has 1 nav bar and maybe 5 big pictures. However, in the upper right hand corner, there are a series of dots. Scrolling on the website moves you to a new page, and highlights a different dot. (It would really be easiest if you just went to the website. Sorry no link, I'm new. Google it, and you should get to the right spot.)

My question is: how did they create this scrolling effect. I think it's done with javascript, but I'm not sure where to begin. Help!

I opened the site in Chrome and right-clicked on the dots and selected "Inspect Element". It looks to me like it's just CSS. Are you familiar with Chrome's code inspector? It's a great way to see how sites are coded.