Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Quetion about GoDaddy website builder

Default Quetion about GoDaddy website builder

Can I copy and paste text from word or elsewhere into my website builder content? If so, can someone please tell me how? I have been through all their help section and I cannot find a way. I can right click on the text box and I get an option to make a copy, but I get no option to paste it in again. It is really frustrating as I am trying to put in synopses of my books and I am having to type them all out again instead of simply copying and pasting from the Amazon website or even from Word. Any help great appreciated.

Hey Margaret,

Long time no see. I wish I could help but I've never used their web builder.... only WordPress. Was their support of any help? That is crazy they don't have copy/paste but then again.... builders can be limiting.

Hi, Lisa, thanks for replying. I haven't asked their support yet as I thought I would get more sense out of you! I have looked everywhere there is to look, put copy/paste into their help section but all it comes up with is copying from version 6 to 7. Apparently that has a paste facility, but not if you are copying from elsewhere! I even tried the ctrl V that they tell you to use for that, but nothing happened. Thanks, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    Hey Margaret,

Long time no see. I wish I could help but I've never used their web builder.... only WordPress. Was their support of any help? That is crazy they don't have copy/paste but then again.... builders can be limiting.

Hi, Lisa, just in case anyone else asks, you have to use ctrl C to copy, not right click, then ctrl V to paste. I am still wondering what V stands for but there you go!

Glad you found your solution. Keep it in mind. I have found recently that a lot of other situations are coming up where even if you have the copy/paste showing on a menu they will not work. Usually the Ctrl C, Ctrl V will. I think it is likely due to code tricks to try and stifle spam robots and the like.

A similar issue comes with using the enter key. A lot of financial sites, for example, are now coded (you cannot tell by looking at them) so that the submit button right after your blank space for entering an id name is not the one responding by an enter key stroke. Instead that will take you to an ad page of some kind. You have to click on the button.

The good news for you, now that you know, is this: once you get used to it you will find that using the keyboard shortcuts will be much faster and save a lot of time if you use them all the time instead of the mouse.

P.S. About the "V" for paste. As us old folks know, a lot of early word processors and the like were not user friendly in the way we think today although we all thought Word Star and others were really great at the time. In the old processors (one called QED I think was the first) the letters along the lower left hand bottom row of the keyboard started the practice of using the keys (along with the control key) in order: z,x,c, and v for undo, cut, copy and paste. Blame the qwerty keyboard.
    Last edited by James; 04-03-2014 at 06:27 PM.
    Good Success!

Douglas County Master Gardeners
    "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
    Maya Angelou