Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Hi one and all from Middle England, UK

Cool Hi one and all from Middle England, UK

Good day to you all. My story is that I retired 2 years ago from health care work, I have used computers for some time now although I know zilch about coding but I do manage to keep mine running somehow. I have faffed around for several months now trying to get some visitors to my site(s) without success-so it's back to the drawing board. I am guilty of being an "info junkie" and subjecting myself to overwhelm with all the stuff out there, much of it free and some very good quality. Also I had very little of a master plan of how I am going to achieve my goals. One of the bits of info I gave "shelf life" to was Lisa's E-book Niche website success, like much of my info it had hardly been used.
    So then I have decided to make Lisa's book my "bible" and follow it through to it's conclusion, it's convenient that her chosen test topic is parallel to mine.
    It's more or less the start of the financial year (6th April) in the UK so what better time to turn over a new leaf, roll up the sleeves and "Learn with Lisa". I look forward to interacting with you one and all.

Best to all, Steve

Hi Steve

It's so easy to get overwhelmed, especially today. Just try to focus on how you can build value in whatever niche you select. Just focus on building up your site first and then dive into promotion later. It's easy to fall into that trap of feeling like you have to do EVERYTHING now. One step at a time.

Welcome!

Hi Steve

Whereabouts in England are you from? Are you from the Midlands?

I would like to start networking a bit with people on this board, especially since I am putting together a website for small biz owners who are online and in my area. I would like to chat with your and others either by VoIP or on the phone. I do a lot of tele-networking and I enjoy learning about other people who share similar interests.

If you ever want to continue this conversation on Twitter or in private let me know. Of course, I am more than happy to interact publicly on this forum but I think a good old fashioned talk by some other means could benefit us both.

I run a small company comprising a few local designers/programmers but I am interested in niche blogging too. Let me know if you are anywhere near the East Midlands because I am seriously considering putting together and hosting a networking group or seminar. YouTube and podcasting will play a role in this.

Great to have you here on the forum

I'm a former limey.

Default Followup on lost in overwhelm

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    Hi Steve

It's so easy to get overwhelmed, especially today. Just try to focus on how you can build value in whatever niche you select. Just focus on building up your site first and then dive into promotion later. It's easy to fall into that trap of feeling like you have to do EVERYTHING now. One step at a time.

Welcome!
    Yeah, spot on Lisa. I am working on making a plan and backing it with a daily log of what I have done in the day to enforce commitment. I am lucky that I am not gagging for the money, could be a male pride thing (hunter/gatherer) blah blah. I guess it's like eating an elephant-one bite at a time. PS I shan't be a candidate for your "curly" site, unless you do a wax & shine. lol Best wishes, Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Hi Steve

Whereabouts in England are you from? Are you from the Midlands?

I would like to start networking a bit with people on this board, especially since I am putting together a website for small biz owners who are online and in my area. I would like to chat with your and others either by VoIP or on the phone. I do a lot of tele-networking and I enjoy learning about other people who share similar interests.

If you ever want to continue this conversation on Twitter or in private let me know. Of course, I am more than happy to interact publicly on this forum but I think a good old fashioned talk by some other means could benefit us both.

I run a small company comprising a few local designers/programmers but I am interested in niche blogging too. Let me know if you are anywhere near the East Midlands because I am seriously considering putting together and hosting a networking group or seminar. YouTube and podcasting will play a role in this.

Great to have you here on the forum

Hi Darren, thanks for your welcome.
    Yes I am in the East Midlands, originally from Essex, came over to educate 'em din' I?
    Could be an interesting project, I will continue via W Babble for a bit, to minimize distractions. As I said in my post I have been an info-junkie, need re-training I think. But I will look out for you on the forum. Best wishes

Hi STB, So then how could you leave us then? Come on, the weather is not that bad, at least not all time, especially with global warming. haha. I will have a look at your site. Best wishes

I'm in the East Midlands too Steve, between Derby and Nottingham. Awesome! I have recommended a few of my clients and work associates join this forum so I don't have to keep explaining or repeating myself when it comes to tech stuff. Better if they interact with me here on the forum.

What is your website niche?

Welcome to the Babble!

I am guilty of being an "info junkie" and subjecting myself to overwhelm with all the stuff out there, much of it free and some very good quality.
    Many of us share this practice as well. Recently I found myself so overwhelmed with stuff coming in I barely had time to just sort through to see what was most valuable, let alone read much of it. So I took an axe to my email accounts and removed myself from about two-thirds of my subscriptions. Some of them were so good it hurt, but I set up a high standard (would I ever choose to read that over Copyblogger— Brian Clark and Sonia Simone or Digital Photography School—Darren Rowse?) and cut away. It is amazing how much time I am saving and how much more work I am getting done.

For a better experience here, you may want to check out our Guidelines and Forum Help in the top horizontal menu and at least listen to the video (better to read as well). You will find some interesting tips and information that you will want to know, such as signature requirements, etc.

Glad to have you join the forum, a great place to learn and share.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou