Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: wordpress and resolution.

Default wordpress and resolution.

not sure if this is the right place for wordpress tech issues, I apologize if its not.

I'm having an issue where wordpress themese are either going all the way to the left and having all this empty space on the right or centering and having alot of empty space to the left and right, these are the default themes at that. was wondering if there is a way to fix it or if its just my resolution.

It is hard to tell for sure without seeing myself, but my first guess is that you are choosing a layout in your setup that has either two or three columns and then only having content is one or two.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

Yeah I'm not sure I understand either. Most themes seem to be aligned to the center by default so it's probably what James suggested. Have you added content to your widgets in the sidebar?

Default resolution

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    It is hard to tell for sure without seeing myself, but my first guess is that you are choosing a layout in your setup that has either two or three columns and then only having content is one or two.
    it's 2 columns and i have things in both, apparently the twenty twentyfour theme is left justified, which i dont know how to make center.

I don't remember that theme being left justified. I will have to take a look. I could have sworn it was centered.

Default resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    I don't remember that theme being left justified. I will have to take a look. I could have sworn it was centered.
    I'd love for it to be centered if possible. its my first attempt at all this so its a little frustrating.

Twenty-Four is left justified by default. I am using it on my site right now.

This site shows you how to code it for centered rather than left aligned.
    http://gadgetised.com/2014/02/18/twe...tricks-tweaks/

is that in the style.css sheet?

this is what I found:
    .site {
    background-color: #fff;
    max-width: 1260px;
    position: relative;
    }
    this what the tweak site said to do:
    .site {
    margin: 0 auto;
    }

am i not looking in the right place?

Typically you don't want to edit the theme directly, in case there is an update and it blows all your settings away. Under Appearance you should have an Edit CSS submenu option. You can put it there.

Default i see appearance

Quote Originally Posted by STB View Post
    Typically you don't want to edit the theme directly, in case there is an update and it blows all your settings away. Under Appearance you should have an Edit CSS submenu option. You can put it there.
    I see appearance and then editor as the last option which then lists all the .php and .css files, but which one do I edit? I'm starting to feel a bit stupid. *sigh*

update:

I found this plugin that does it for me plus a few other options, got it from the wordpress.org plugin repository.

It's called fourteen extended

Ah the Edit CSS might be part of JetPack.