Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Greeting from Green Bay!

Default Greeting from Green Bay!

Hi All,

It's Jackie from Green Bay, WI just checking in to say hi and that I am totally excited to have found this forum. I spent most of yesterday going through a ton of info on your website, watching YouTube videos and taking NOTES! What an awesome resource! And...it looks from what I've read here so far that not only will this forum be a good place to learn, but also to share and make like-minded friends.

I am grateful to you, Lisa, for providing this resource to help keep newbies like me from feeling completely overwhelmed. I look forward to learning and sharing what I know.

Have a great day, everyone!
    Jackie

Welcome to the Babble!

From your introduction I can tell you right away that you are indeed going to find "like-minded friends." We all feel the same about Lisa. That's the reason we are here. There is so much of a wasteland online it is great to find an honestly helpful resource like Lisa's.

For a better experience here, check out our Guidelines and Forum Help in the top horizontal menu and at least listen to the video (better to read as well). You will find some interesting tips and information that you will want to know, such as signature requirements, etc.

Glad to have you join the forum, a great place to learn and share.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

Heeeeey Jackie!

So happy to have you here. We have another active member here who is a Packer fan. I take it you are too? Everyone I've ever met from Green Bay is usually. Glad you joined us!

There is a good reason to like the Packers, especially if you are from Green Bay. The people own the team! I wish every team were owned that way. People everywhere like to feel that the local team is "their" team but unfortunately teams can just choose to move if they get a "better deal" in the way of tax breaks or whatever from some other city. I always root for the Packers any time the Vikings are not involved. Sometimes I am tempted to anyway.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    There is a good reason to like the Packers, especially if you are from Green Bay. The people own the team! I wish every team were owned that way. People everywhere like to feel that the local team is "their" team but unfortunately teams can just choose to move if they get a "better deal" in the way of tax breaks or whatever from some other city. I always root for the Packers any time the Vikings are not involved. Sometimes I am tempted to anyway.
    So true James. My hometown (St. Louis Rams) could be faced with that exact situation. St. Louis is more of a baseball city. Not as much love for football there. That's why I love to see Green Bay fans. They seem to be die hard fans of the sport and I think that's cool.

Of course the Rams never had a Harry Carey. (Besides, they belong in LA and all the real football fans in Missouri belong to the Chiefs!)
    Good Success!

So awhile back when the Packers started the big stadium reno, they raised some of the money by selling token shares of stock. I bought a share so I guess that means I symbolically own 2 blades of grass on the frozen tundra...or maybe one of Aaron Rodgers eyelashes...

Welcome to the forum Jackie. I am sure that you will find it very useful here :-)
    Best regards
    Thomas
    Blog | Twitter | Facebook Fan page | YouTube | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Of course the Rams never had a Harry Carey. (Besides, they belong in LA and all the real football fans in Missouri belong to the Chiefs!)
    True, true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    So awhile back when the Packers started the big stadium reno, they raised some of the money by selling token shares of stock. I bought a share so I guess that means I symbolically own 2 blades of grass on the frozen tundra...or maybe one of Aaron Rodgers eyelashes...
    Ha ha ha!!! This is hilarious. You didn't even say his eyes, but one of his eyelashes.