Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Vacation Spot? Found Mine!

Default Favorite Vacation Spot? Found Mine!

I have a new place near the top of my list as of this past weekend. The only thing I'm upset about is I'm not still there!

I just came back from The Riviera Maya in Cancun for a friend's wedding and our room got upgraded for free to their new resort property (all inclusive) called Generations in the El Dorado Royal Resort. You literally step out onto the balcony and into a semi-private infinity pool. I've never been able to swim in front of my balcony before. lol Here's the view...

photo.JPG

Coolness!

So that's why I haven't been around much in the last few days. I was taking a much needed break and soaked up a lot of sunshine and ate TONS of food and consumed a few ummmm..... beverages. lol.

Now back to reality...

Where's your favorite place to vacation?

Looks nice, especially after the cold winter we have had.

It was almost ten years ago that I was also in Cancun - just after I was married but before the kids (when I could afford a vacation). I visted Chichen Itza (I use a picture I took there for my Facebook and Google+ accounts). It was nice in Cancun.

For me, anywhere warm is always nice in the winter. This summer I will probably be spending a lot of time at the trailer we just bought.

Aww that looks nice, yeah, that pool design is awesome! It's nice to take time away from the computer.

I quite like Europe - when I go abroad to Mediterranean countries I take my art materials and drawing things, and soak up the artistic atmosphere. The other thing I like about Med countries is that there are usually German people for me to practice my language skills with. I have been teaching myself German for years and always relish the chance to strike up conversation.

I've decided I am retiring to Charleston, South Carolina.

Oh Lisa, the place looks like a paradise! I wish I can go to the beach real soon this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by TechieGuy View Post
    Looks nice, especially after the cold winter we have had.

It was almost ten years ago that I was also in Cancun - just after I was married but before the kids (when I could afford a vacation). I visted Chichen Itza (I use a picture I took there for my Facebook and Google+ accounts). It was nice in Cancun.

For me, anywhere warm is always nice in the winter. This summer I will probably be spending a lot of time at the trailer we just bought.
    No kidding! It was even cold here in the south this winter but I feel bad saying cold compared to what you guys had up north and over in other parts of the world. Cold for us is 30 degrees. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Aww that looks nice, yeah, that pool design is awesome! It's nice to take time away from the computer.

I quite like Europe - when I go abroad to Mediterranean countries I take my art materials and drawing things, and soak up the artistic atmosphere. The other thing I like about Med countries is that there are usually German people for me to practice my language skills with. I have been teaching myself German for years and always relish the chance to strike up conversation.
    Haven't been to Europe since I was a kid. I don't do well on long flights and I can't sleep on planes. So after about 3-4 hours I'm ready to get off that plane! lol

Quote Originally Posted by STB View Post
    I've decided I am retiring to Charleston, South Carolina.
    Ha ha ha! You know I've never been to South Carolina but I've heard it's beautiful. My best friend has family in Myrtle Beach and she's always raving about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bayoisa View Post
    Oh Lisa, the place looks like a paradise! I wish I can go to the beach real soon this summer.
    It was paradise!

No, I can't stand long flights. Bores me to tears. I'm the kind of person who doesn't like wearing a seat belt in a car so sitting strapped in a plane makes me feel like a prisoner! Haha

I've done transatlantic flights a dozen times. I get bored. I can't sleep on a plane. So it makes for an interesting 8 hours. Never done a flight longer than that....

Cold for us is 30 degrees. lol
    We are thinking that is a warm day right now! Even though 40 is average for this time of year normally, we only see a forty in our forecast twice in the next ten days (high Saturday is 21). And yesterday we got another 7 inches of snow.

What's a vacation?
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

Wow Lisa this view is amazing...!
    You guys are invited to visit Israel, we have about 8 months of warm weather here. When it snows somewhere in the country they're making a huge thing out of it in the news... and when we have rainy days the traffic is going insane...
    now about the vacation destination... it might sound silly but my fav. place is Las Vegas, lol. I can't quite put my finger on one thing that makes me love this place so much: the hotels, the strip, the partying, the shows, i dunno - i am just really happy there (been there 5 times by now).
    Maybe because it's so far away from my home, it feels like a "real" vacation there.

Quote Originally Posted by mayabi View Post
    Wow Lisa this view is amazing...!
    You guys are invited to visit Israel, we have about 8 months of warm weather here. When it snows somewhere in the country they're making a huge thing out of it in the news... and when we have rainy days the traffic is going insane...
    now about the vacation destination... it might sound silly but my fav. place is Las Vegas, lol. I can't quite put my finger on one thing that makes me love this place so much: the hotels, the strip, the partying, the shows, i dunno - i am just really happy there (been there 5 times by now).
    Maybe because it's so far away from my home, it feels like a "real" vacation there.
    That's not silly at all. I got to Las Vegas at least two times per year. I'm not a big gambler but I love the shows and the atmosphere. I also like you don't have to worry about renting a car.

We have the same thing with cold weather and snow. We could get half an inch and it's the top story on the news and the schools all close. Being from the Midwest this is laughable.

Nicest place I've ever been is Italy. Would definitely go back!

Quote Originally Posted by JennyCo View Post
    Nicest place I've ever been is Italy. Would definitely go back!
    Cool. Never been to Italy but I've done some overseas travel to Europe and South America and I am HORRIBLE with long flights. I HATE them and I can't sleep on planes so any flight over 3 hours drives me bananas.

I had my first journey abroad in February. I went to Hungary. It was like a 10 hour flight from Houston to Istanbul, then 2 hour flight from Istanbul to Budapest. I had a migraine and was absolutely exhausted.

But coming back was even longer. 14 hour layover in Istanbul :O and then a 13 hour flight back to Houston. I never realized how big the world really was until that trip! But anyway, I really enjoyed going to Hungary

My favorite destination in the US is southern California
    Misti's Fonts | Fonts by Misti Hammers: mistifonts.com

Ahhh I'm so envious. I would love to go to Mexico right about now. It's on my "to visit" list for one of my next vacations (whenever that will be).

I think one of my favorite international places has been Indonesia. It's a beautiful country with warm people, inexpensive and very tasty food, beautiful landscape and they are very tourist friendly. I went with a friend on a mini backpacking trip a few years ago and it was amazing. There is so much history and it's just a fantastic place.

Favorite place in the states is perhaps Yosemite in California (or up in the Sierra Nevadas in general).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast