Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Connecting host site(Go Daddy) to Kompozer

Default Connecting host site(Go Daddy) to Kompozer

Hey there,

I recently bought a domain name from crazy domains and since I didn't know what I was doing then bought a web hosting site from go daddy.

My question is, how do I make it so that I can create my site then upload updates through kompozer. I've had a look at the tutorials on go daddy, however I'm not sure how to find out my ftp or if my login etc. is alright.
    Basically I'm a noob and unsure of much.

Any help would be graciously accepted,
    Thank you very much!

You use a FTP(File Transfer Protocol) software such as the free Filezilla software you install on your hard-drive to upload your website to your hosting account and also you use it when you need to update a page on your site.

Years ago I put together some free basic instructions on using Filezilla. The instructions are at:

[Please contact Neil by clicking on his name and sending an email or private message if interested]

[jgs (moderator): Sorry Neil. Unfortunately we have to maintain a strict policy about self-promotion (posting links to your own material) so I had to remove the link.]
    Last edited by James; 03-17-2014 at 07:56 PM.
    Fast PLR :Quality PLR : Turn It Around In No Time
    Graphics Choice :Templates, Graphics, Minisites & More
    MRR Store :A Turnkey Online Business With Every Product
    GottaHaveSoftware :You Need It? We've Got It.

I recently bought a domain name from crazy domains and since I didn't know what I was doing then bought a web hosting site from go daddy.
    Just because you didn't know what you were doing does not mean you did anything wrong. And by the way, you know just as much as anyone else did when they started. So relax and just look at every question as another opportunity to learn what you need to know to be successful online.

Now to your questions:

The first step is to link your hosting to your domain name. When you bought your hosting from Go Daddy, you received an email which included your name servers or DNS information.

Go to http://support.godaddy.com/help/arti...vers?locale=en to see how to get your nameservers which you will then install on the Crazy Domains site. In this way, when you go to your site using the domain name you purchased at Crazy Domains you will find your hosted site at Go Daddy. Many, perhaps most, of the knowledgeable members here recommend that you do have domains registered at one place and hosting at another which means you are following the most recommended method (even if I do not worry about it myself as long as I have a reputable host).

Next, for uploading you use a ftp (file transfer program) like FileZilla or if you prefer, you probably have a way to transfer built into Kompozer (I do not use the program myself but most such programs do). I prefer to upload with a separate program like FileZilla, the most recommended, or FireFTP, which is my favorite.

You will know whether your ftp program is working right when you try to log into your domain at Go Daddy using the information they sent to set up your ftp program (Kompozer, FileZilla, or whatever). If it works you will see the list of your hosted folders and files on the right side of the screen (usually).

You did not ask about this possibility, but if you are new, as apparently you are, I would recommend using Go Daddy's form of instant install for WordPress and use it to manage your content. You can compose directly in WordPress instead of Komposer or as I do, compose in your editor (Komposer) so the content is on your computer, and then copy and paste the text into WordPress.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

Thank you both very much!

I have connected my site to filezilla and am now on my way to creating