Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Who wants to help me brain storm?

Default Who wants to help me brain storm?

Herro everybody.

So, some of you may remember my little tax-refund venture. Reselling web traffic. least to say, AFTER I tested my suppliers for traffic, I decided the product was not up to my standards.

Anyway, I'm considering of starting a SEO site, or Some website- consulting site, Something along those lines.
    Maybe like a school.

But the point is I'm back to the drawing board. I have a highly brandable name "trafficgallon"

But now the problem is I have very few ideas on what to do with it.

I was thinking about a front page site, similar to google, yahoo, bing, ya know? I've always wanted to do it, and trust me I'm under no dis-illusion, this is really just going to be for me. But hey, strange things happen. lol

Any one have any ideas?

Gas Coupon site.... hm... what about a site, that told you the price of Gas for the gas stations in your zip code?

along with traffic reports, and maybe local news.

that's a little ambitious but I think I have the know-how to do that...
    Last edited by zachariahlogan; 03-14-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Hm.. I think I have an idea.

A social network, but it's 100% democratic, (except the name) from policies to ads. to paid to non pade, to petitions and political activism.

It would kind of be a spin off of the 99% protest back in 2011 if anyone remembers those. heck it's an experiment at least.

There's an old saying: "As the farmer said when he kissed the cow, everyone to his own taste."

Well, it's not too old of a saying, but it was said by an old friend of mine.

Anyway, my observation is that you haven't gotten any quick responses to this question, in part I think because this is what you call a "brandable" name rather than a distinct topic. This means it is probably a pretty open choice for you. Since you want a niche you can be passionate about that is good because you have more options.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

With regards to your SEO and gas sites, what specifically are you going to do differently than what's already out here?

Hi James & Lisa, thank you for replying.

In regards to the niche site, Now, I've discovered sources to pretty much take myself out of the equation. I'm essential an affilaite marketer but on an industrial level. This places me in a unique business to operate as a broker my contribution is the exposure I can offer any brand or product.

And in terms of kissing the cow. Was it a steak?

Lisa, the angle I could go in either with a SEO company or a GAS site would be a similar model to hotels.com

Provide a clean friendly result for services from multiple vendors. So for example for gas, someone would put in their zip code and the gas prices in their zip code would be redally available.

for the SEO services, I could make a platform for other SEO companies to advertise their services. This would sort of be like a "niche-specific" search engine. Of course my example earlier hotels.com is a great example of were the "niche-search-engine" model is moderately successful.

But the "Democratic Site" that one interests me due to it's vagueness. It would not be a political party site, but a model of a political process... Pretty much "simulating" a nation where every user is involved. But this idea is in developement. And.. with spring coming up my day job is starting to get busy, and this idea will be on the back burner. It needs some time to incubate if anything comes of it.

but ya, I doesn't have to be something I'm passionate about. Just something relevant to a new brand. Grantit trafficgallon.com and democracy is kind of a "left-term" But isn't that sort of... unique? And anyways, the real reason I want to build something was because I just don't want to waste my domain name and hosting package. I bought 2 years of both, and it would be such a waste to not do anything.