Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Have you looked into the new WordPress version 3.9?

Default Have you looked into the new WordPress version 3.9?

If I had time I would enjoy checking out the beta of WordPress 3.9 but I guess I will just wait It sure sound like some good improvements.

The two biggest things I have heard about are these. First a new way to work with widgets so you can edit and rearrange them—and also, perhaps more helpful, add new widgets. One of the neat things about this is that there is a live preview to guide your work.

The second new thing I thought especially interesting is the ability to make play lists for both audio and video. You can upload either just as you do images now with the media feature.

There are a number of other major changes so this sounds like a welcome step forward.
    Good Success!

Douglas County Master Gardeners
    "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
    Maya Angelou

James, it's great to hear that they are giving some attention to the widgets area. I always find it difficult to keep track of all the text widgets I use over time. I like to switch them up and over the course of time I end up with 20 inactive text widgets but I have to preview them one by one to figure out which ones I want to reactivate. I wish they would let us name them on the backend. I'm sure there is a plugin out there but I think it should be part of the core.
    Thanks for the heads up on what's coming next.

I haven't played with this yet James. But what do you mean edit/arrange? We can actually do that now. So do you mean we can edit the actual code from the Appearance/Widget area?

Looking forward to that live preview!!

I wish they would let us name them on the backend.
    I can't answer that, Ileane, but it is still in Beta. Perhaps you will want to clue them in.

do you mean we can edit the actual code from the Appearance/Widget area?
    I haven't tried it out personally so I am not sure, but it does have a new interface for editing along with the live preview so it sounds like it may. I have preferred to work online and then save my posts instead of using Instant WordPress, but this is one case where it would be interesting to try. If I were not so backed up already, and facing taxes too, I would.
    Good Success!

Douglas County Master Gardeners
    "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
    Maya Angelou

I have updated the new version of wordpress I have seen some changes and found that the look and feel after logging has changed.

It sounds like WP widgets will become a little more like the widgets in Blogger. It would be much easier to work with conditional tags and custom widgets if they are more visual and not so dependent on functions.php