Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Linking social media - Yummer vs Jive

Default Linking social media - Yummer vs Jive

Hi

We are a small, young business selling party supplies in Australia. We are trying to maximise the exposure of our context produced. So when we produce content and blogs we usually publish through as many of the different social media accounts as possible ie Facebook, Pintrest, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Squidoo, Google+, Tumblr, etc. Firstly, I would like to know if linking them is advisable and are there many pros and cons.

Secondly, I did some research on linking the profiles and came across forums and an article on Yummer vs Jive. As I understand it these platforms can be used to link the social media profiles and they can work independently, but there are advantages to using both together. What is the advice on using these platforms and using them together or separately? Also, would these platforms be advisable for a small company or only for large companies?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Louise

Hi Louise

I must say, I've never even heard of these platforms.

Do you mean Yammer?
    www.yammer.com

Hi

Yes STB, thank you for the correction

I've used Yammer a little. But my understanding is that Yammer is supposed to be positioned more as an internal Social Network for a big company. And its feeds/groups not be publicly accessible to anyone outside of the company. At least that's the way I have seen it. I don't think the adoption of Yammer has been that great. Microsoft bought Yammer a year or so ago. I had heard they were trying to integrate it with Office 365 and SharePoint.

Ok so there is no need for a further insight into Yammer then, but do you think that it is a positive option to link all the social networks together regarding exposure of content and is it able to be done through Jive?
    Thank your for your time - as you can see I really have a lot to learn still

Yammer might make sense to your company. Don't just take my word for it. It doesn't hurt to try it.

I have never heard of Jive so I can't speak to that one.

I am not sure about linking the social networks. I use WordPress with JetPack (with some help from YOAST) and it publishes out to all my social networks automatically, every time I post. When I am creating a post, I can deselect any networks I don't want that post to go to. Those plugins are free. And JetPack is developed by WordPress themselves.

I use blogger at the moment. Maybe I should investigate to see if that can link to all my social media acccounts. So is WordPress another platform or a software?

WordPress is a direct competitor to Blogger.

Social media platforms are independent of each other and cannot really be combined on any one interface, if that is what you're asking. But there is a service called IFTTT(dot)com which enables you to update all platforms all at once using triggers. If you look for "IFTTT recipes" you will get quite a few ideas which you can use.

As far as a social media presence is concerned, whether you have a small company or a large one, it doesn't matter. You must have social media presence across as many platforms as possible.

Awesome, thanks for the advice.

STB - Thanks for your time.