Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Auto Facebook Like when Visiting Website?

Default Auto Facebook Like when Visiting Website?

Hey Guys,

This is my first post on the forum.

Over the past few months I've found that many websites that I visit seem to show up on my news feed on facebook. And after viewing the facebook page it seems that I already "Like" them. which I have no memory of doing. These websites aren't small sites, They are quite well known. Now come to think about it. My Business is quite busy. But don't really get many of the users like us on facebook. And it would be great to get more likes to reduce the cost of Post Promotions on Facebook. I know that there are some scripts out there to Make the user automatically like you on facebook once you visit their website. But is it infact a "Black Hat" way of getting it?

Just want peoples thoughts on it.

Regards,
    Petru

I know that there are some scripts out there to Make the user automatically like you on facebook once you visit their website. But is it infact a "Black Hat" way of getting it?
    Anything designed to trick folks, especially Google, is black hat even if it has not been picked up yet. If you adopt any of them early on you might get some good results, temporarily. But like paid links that helped early users for a while, as soon as the search engine people caught on and started penalizing them for it they went into the toilet!

Better to think of legitimate ways to get the likes.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

Thanks for your reply James.
    The whole point of posting this question is to see if it was a Legitimate way. We've already invested a lot of money into SEO for our websites so we'd like to stay well away from anything that could compromise our money. It just came to my attention that If popular websites have this type of system it wouldn't be an issue having it myself. Then again I would guess that If you add something like that to your Terms of Service it could be a pass. Considering other things like cookies are kept without users knowledge although are also stated in the Terms of Service...

Quote Originally Posted by Petru Tiglar View Post
    Hey Guys,

This is my first post on the forum.
    Welcome to Websitebabble Petru!

Over the past few months I've found that many websites that I visit seem to show up on my news feed on facebook.
    They are using a new technique called "retargeting" which does exactly what you describe. It can be used to retarget people visiting a website, or those who bypass a product offer page(leave it), or an email where you do not click on the link although you opened it. Retargeting is believed to increase conversions dramatically as people are believed to "give in" to constant exposure to a product image or advertisement and finally buy the product.

And after viewing the facebook page it seems that I already "Like" them. which I have no memory of doing.
    It could be very well a part of "like fraud" which is going on in Facebook. Wherever there is money to be made, there are people who devise ways and means to earn even more by using illegal techniques. But why risk your account and your credibility by following blackhat techniques when you can earn forever by using good, legitimate techniques with which you can grow your business.

Ways to bring down your costs in Facebook advertising are to use fanpages in your niche, build a list through ads and use precise targeting. Most people burn a lot of money by using Facebook advertising without knowing how to use it. It's like building a website without doing niche or keyword research - leads to almost certain failure.

Anything that sounds to good to be true usually is. The best way to get results is just to put in the work and time.