Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Best email provider for posting brand new blog posts

Default Best email provider for posting brand new blog posts

Hey guys,

I am using the JetPack Subscribe right now. The problem is, zero mailing list plugins will integrate with it. And I really like the looks of UNPOP.

The huge benefit of JetPack is that it immediately emails your mailing list when you publish a new post. It also supports the <!--More--> tag which helps with click-throughts from your email to your site and doesn't send a giant email if the post is long.

I tried MailChimp. This was limited in multiple ways. First it could only detect new blog posts from scanning your RSS feed. Secondly it could only email out on the hour from an RSS feed. Lastly, and this was my biggest problem, MailChimp did not detect the <!--More--> tag at all - gutted! Insert sad face :-(

What drew me to MailChimp originally was that the first tier was free.

Knowing my criteria, I am curious what you guys have experienced with AWeber, ConstantContact, OfficeAutoPilot, iContact, Infusionsoft and GetResponse.

Any help is appreciated. I am really struggling with this.
    Last edited by STB; 02-28-2014 at 08:52 PM.

Aweber is top notch (in spite of their recent problems with attacksóDDOS). I have not used them for my post distribution yet but I know others have and know them to be very helpful. They also provide lots of help with tools (templates, etc.) and tutorials for using these tools in a way to achieve greatest success.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

As James said, attacks aside (which could happen to any site) I have been happy with AWeber. Although I've seen a lot of noise lately about InfusionSoft. A lot of the bigger names are using that now. I don't really know what the big advantage is but I know a lot of them seem to be ex AWeber people. I'd love to hear from someone who has experience with them. I don't know much about them.

I didn't even know GetResponse was even still around. I think I used their autoresponder back in the day and it was free for a limited time or something like that.

Yes GetResponse is probably the most powerful (and easy) to use for this. You can create a template that fires off whenever a blog post is created on your site. You can set size of the thumbnail, number of characters to show, read more link, etc. All within their Drag N Drop interface.

I would NOT recommend Infusionsoft for this one as it takes a lot more technical know-how and money to pull it off.

Revising my comment above, I now have my blog set up on my Aweber program. It is really nice.

You can set it up for excerpts or full posts, I prefer the excerpts so they come to my site, but you can do either one. It is really a time saver so I wish I had done it earlier. It is totally automatic.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou