Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: How can I make my frontpage any better?

Default How can I make my frontpage any better?

Im looking for ways to make my home page really neat looking. Im good with photoshop so what could I do to the frontpage to make it look better? Which colors jive? Are the sides too orange? Im not trying to spam by showing my website I just need ideas and this seems like a good website to ask questions on.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

JGS: Link removed. See my following post.
    Last edited by James; 02-28-2014 at 09:38 PM.

I'm very sorry, but we have to follow a definite program for posting links in order to avoid being overwhelmed with spam. Even as it is, the problem demands a good bit of attention.

If you participate on the forum for a while you will be able to post in the site review section to get a review.

However, if you set your profile to allow personal messages and/or email from members (they will not be given your email address when they write you but may get it from you if you respond), then you could make another post and request people to contact you for the site name and give you some help.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
    Maya Angelou

This is really very nice that you have desire to make your home page beautiful & attractive to visitors. Photoshop is a great software to give a unique design & look. Well Home page must look attractive with few Images, Content & Service option. Coloring depends on website look, Which must be unique.
    Looking for Guest Post Service Guest Post Service India
    Find Funny Images Indian Fun Pic

Quote Originally Posted by chargersrool View Post
    Im looking for ways to make my home page really neat looking. Im good with photoshop so what could I do to the frontpage to make it look better? Which colors jive? Are the sides too orange? Im not trying to spam by showing my website I just need ideas and this seems like a good website to ask questions on.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

JGS: Link removed. See my following post.
    Hi Chargersrool,
    even though i cannot see the link to your website, here's some tips from my experience.
    When i build a new website, i always want to do something "cool" and "fresh" in the homepage. I want to make it look interesting and attractive, and it always feels like what i did till now with other websites is too "old" and it's time to do something totally different. So i have a method. I open a new folder in my "favorites" and name it with my new website title. I then browse some websites for a while. Whenever i run into a good looking front page, where i can take some ideas from, i add it to the new Favorites folder. After a few days i have a pretty big folder with lots of ideas. I take bits of ideas from many websites, and then i get to the scheme. I take an A4 and draw the homepage design. When i'm happy with it (might take some days), i think about how i can translate it to Wordpress (i only build website with this platform) and i start looking for themes and see if something can fit what i drew.
    I also browse some UI websites and read about what's "hot" these days, for example, what color combination i should use, where i should put the contact form, etc.
    And last but not least, i look at some websites from the same niche as mine and see which ones are the most successful (based on Google rank) and try to understand why - how they look like, the colors, the features, etc. I don't imitate them of course, but it's always good to see what's working out for others ;-)

Good luck!
    Maya.