Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: I have the traffic on FB now I need help to start website

Default I have the traffic on FB now I need help to start website

OK Im very new to all this and Ive been reading a lot of post and watching a lot of utube videos about starting a website for about a month now and my head is about to explode! Im helping a friend who has a FB Fan page with over 10,000 likes and growing every day, the traffic is between 6000 to 10,000 visits a day and growing so as you can see he really needs a website/Blog to take advantage of his traffic, to make money with advertising and other ways but I need help. Im not sure of all the ways to make money on websites by ads with this kind of traffic and who to trust out there. Ive been watching Lisa for awhile now and feel like I could trust her so here I am on her blog asking for help. Any advise will be Great. Ive watch many vidos on Wordpress and im sure this is the way we will go. Last month he had over 500,000 visits to his FB page so im not sure about what he should do about a host for his site? Again any help advise will be Great. Thanks in advance.

Whoa! I'm impressed. First of all, AdSense is probably one of the highest paying ad programs available because of the number of advertisers. So look into them and also Media.net. If the traffic is very targeted, the more you'll earn.

As far as hosting, the more popular services here are Hostgator, Dreamhost, Bluehost and GoDaddy. WebsitePalace.com is my own reseller site so that's why I promote that one over the others.

With traffic growing like that, he may want to consider dedicated hosting down the line. Most web hosts have the option to upgrade at a later time. Liquid Web is a popular host for dedicated these days.

Welcome to WB!

Hi SQ505

First off, congragulations that's a great problem to have.

Before I give any advise, and what I think would be the best solution. Can you plost a link to the fb page? Or Pm me, if your are "link-concious" lol

But the reason I ask, is because a fb group can be a little tricky to monetize. For example depending on the type of traffic, and the content of the group do you even need a website?

Would posting just posting an affiliate link just work? Allowing me to see the fb page would answer a lot of questions.

Hey I cant post links yet and this is my friends FB page he is just crazy with what happening he ask me to help him out so im just searching everywhere I can for advise. I do believe he need a website that would allow him more room to expand with his product. I just joined and haven't looked around the site I will try to PM you with more details if I can find out how to do that LOL and Thanks for replying

Thanks Lisa, we are both new to this and I don't want to anything to cause him to lose him following. He has grown another 200 likes today and he's not even trying LOL. No marketing at all just word of mouth. I sent him to you site and also to your U tube channel to start watching your videos. Ive watched most of them but I need to watch them at least two or three more times.

Could you tell me a little about dedicated hosting? Or give me a Link? Last month his page had over 500,000 visits and he is well on his way to beating that this month. Is there a place to talk to you like a PM so everyone doesn't see the post? I don't want to post to much info on the site right now but would like to see what you think?

Well, in my opinion, (and my opinion is not gold)

It sounds like a website, would be a good idea. Due to volume and niche. But here is the risk, while yes, he does have a substantial following on facebook. What percentage would fall off through the threshold. Converting from facebook to the website.

I think a good idea would be to keep facebook as the platform interface and have a website supporting his page. But what would the purpose of the page be?

If it was to display an advertisement, or rent or sell ad space, that could be the wrong purpose for creating a website.

Bet let's look at the facts before I make a recomendation, your friend has a bucketfull of traffic in a niche market; which is really valuable.

See there is a long term benefit to this too! If your friend applied to be a meteorologist he would have an internet following already which is a fantastic asset in ANY interview.

But I'm distracting from the question at hand.
    Is a website the right way to go? and if it is, what platform?

I believe a weather site, similar to weather.com is what you might have in mind.
    This can work, and it can also add value to his facebook traffic.

But; this type of website is a full time job. First you have to build it, then update it, and fix it if it breaks.

Yes, you can absolutely make a few dollars off of a weather site but, in my opinion. It he would have more success renting out statuse updates.

Let's say, I have a weather channel. I would then go to you, pay $50 upfront to promote a link to my weather site.

You keep all the money, I would get the promotion, and you wouldn't have to update any code.

Your FB page is already mobile friendly.
    The next step in my opinion would be to create a list, or have your fb page members sign up to be emailed directly!

Then I would suggest you build or buy the rights to a weather app then market your app to the list.

Thanks for your help, he is planning to keep his FB page and continue to grow it, to funnel his followers over to his website. He will continue to post maybe a Sunday forecast on his FB page and then teasers to lead then to his website for the full forecast everyday.

The weather and website are already in development but thanks for the suggestion.

I suggested he put together a media kit of his FB account and a model of his webpage and do some old school marketing by going out and meeting with companies face to face about doing ads on his website because that's what I did in my day LOL.

Well he told me today he had taken my advise and meet with two companies and both had taken out banner adds one on top and one on the bottom of his Home page. Yay!! I guess old school still works. He will be making more with just these two ads than he does at his job. These are large companies in his niche. Im so happy for him.

Thanks to yal for your help and I will be asking many more guestion when I finish my plan and continue to build my FB and Pinterest following. Yal are Great and yes im from the south I say yal and reckon and your kindin LOL. Ill try to improve before I start a website/blog LOL.

Thanks again so much!!!!

That should have said weather app and website are in development stage.

Thanks

If you have traffic you can make a website for giving the visitors more content. But I don't think you should use Adsense - most people who use Adsense earn mere cents, well partly because they don't do it right. Besides, using Adsense comes with it own baggage which you can easily avoid.

A better way to monetize traffic would be through products related to your niche. You can search for offers and products in Offervault(CPA offers where even an email address can fetch you $2.00), Commission Junction, Shareasale, and Amazon.

You can also make/ get your own products made(by freelancers) and sell it through sales pages for $27 or $47 per unit. Out of 10,000 visitors even if 100 purchase your product you can earn at least $2700 from one product.

Quote Originally Posted by SQ505 View Post
    Thanks for your help, he is planning to keep his FB page and continue to grow it, to funnel his followers over to his website. He will continue to post maybe a Sunday forecast on his FB page and then teasers to lead then to his website for the full forecast everyday.

The weather and website are already in development but thanks for the suggestion.

I suggested he put together a media kit of his FB account and a model of his webpage and do some old school marketing by going out and meeting with companies face to face about doing ads on his website because that's what I did in my day LOL.

Well he told me today he had taken my advise and meet with two companies and both had taken out banner adds one on top and one on the bottom of his Home page. Yay!! I guess old school still works. He will be making more with just these two ads than he does at his job. These are large companies in his niche. Im so happy for him.

Thanks to yal for your help and I will be asking many more guestion when I finish my plan and continue to build my FB and Pinterest following. Yal are Great and yes im from the south I say yal and reckon and your kindin LOL. Ill try to improve before I start a website/blog LOL.

Thanks again so much!!!!
    That's Fantastic, I'm really happy for you and your friend, please keep us posted, I need a new weather app anyway. lol

Hey you, with the amount of traffic that there are many ways to make money from it traffice.

People have mentioned above a lot of that.

Here I have sugget

With the amount of traffic from FB fanpage like FB fanpage I believe that you have a very good topic.

You should set a target to the topic of the website or fanpage related to the topic of the fanpage to get the best, most optimal traffic from FB fanpage parking on site. And I think that's how the best target and sustainability.

From there you can make money from adsend, ... and at the same time monetize MMO (Affiliate) with your niche site. With the money making niche site your a bit long but sustainable or if you have enough manpower to do more then LaunchProduct.

"Growing Niche Site + Launch Product + advertising"

I'm sorry about my english.(My english not good. If you can, please comment my english fix, so I am very grateful)

Vu Luu

Hello!
    If you need to make good website with great benefit follow this :

1. Choose a good idea for website which always needed from user same like " Photoshop, Learning, Programs, ...ect ".
    2. Try to be away from Copyrights & just referee A free Copy of programs which will not effect your website ban in Google .
    3. always makes your content Executive & Be away from Stilling or copying your content from other sources .
    4. Make or choose a good design & It's better to buy a Private Theme .

There is many things more i forget , and sorry for dat's .

Thanks & Best Regards .

i actually depends on how he wants the site to function. Since he has such a large number of visitors each day traffic shouldnt be too hard. He should consider his niche and determine if he would want a static website(content doesnt change much) or a dynamic website(content changes a lot). This would help him decide what platform to use when making the site whether dreamweaver, frontpage etc for static site or JOOMLA, wordpress, drupal etc for dynamic site. You would also require a domain name and a webhost account which can both be bought for less than 100 dollars a year