Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Moved some adsense ads

Default Moved some adsense ads

I use adsense on two of my websites.

A blogger blog, and my hvac news site.

The blogger blog has yet to perform well, but my hopes for that one are minimal.

But on the hvac news blog, I have been using adsense since december on this site. The first moneth, I made 4.90

I believe this was mainly due to the shopping Holiday.

In January I made 1.65 total.

So at the begining of February, I stopped using the to most popular adds,

the square, and the horizontal rectangle. I don't know their dimensions. But you know then when you see them.
    But I swithed both of them out for a smaller horizontal add to add in-post.

I also added the plugin "Easy Adsense" by Manoj Thulasidas.

from there I had complete control of where my ads have shown up, and least to say. I'm up 555.6% from this time last month.

Bt I've also been paying attention to the score card on the home screen of adsense, it says my "revenue optimization" is a 3/5
    But I'm not sure.

Good for you! When you say a smaller horizontal ad do you mean the 468x60? Interesting because my AdSense Optimization Rep told me they are phasing that size out. Just curious if that's the one?

I toyed with the small 300x250 ad size on my website for almost this entire month and it did terribly. It made something like $9.00 compared to the $50+ I could have made with the top horizontal leaderboard ad.

I might try the smaller horizontal ad to see if I make more income. Thanks for sharing!

468x60 yes that is the one,

I was following the revenue optimization meter, but I was making only a few cents a day.

So I just thought I would experiment a little,

so there going to remove the 468x60... bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by zachariahlogan View Post
    468x60 yes that is the one,

I was following the revenue optimization meter, but I was making only a few cents a day.

So I just thought I would experiment a little,

so there going to remove the 468x60... bummer.
    I don't know about removing it but she said that fewer and fewer advertisers are using that size. But sounds like it's working for you! That goes to show you have to experiment.

My Twenty Fourteen theme has a black sidebar. This is where I have one of my ads. I switched Google to use the black background theme on their ads for this ad unit and it is converting much better on the text links. I have been tempted just to switch this one ad unit over to text links only.

Quote Originally Posted by STB View Post
    My Twenty Fourteen theme has a black sidebar. This is where I have one of my ads. I switched Google to use the black background theme on their ads for this ad unit and it is converting much better on the text links. I have been tempted just to switch this one ad unit over to text links only.
    Yeah I've found that matching the background converts best too. You do realize you can run an AdSense Experiment and Google will tell you whether text, display or both will earn more.