Thread: Need a name for my site

Smile Need a name for my site

Hi this Leonard H I want to have dating site but
    the name I chose is being used a lot the name
    I chose was hook me up can James or LISA or
    any one suggest high ranking name for it -it
    would make my day!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Leonard,

First of all you need to ask yourself who's your audience? Is your dating site for a specific audience such asian, persian etc
    So for example, if your targeting the Asian community your domainname would be something like:Asianhookup.com, asiandating.

Make sure one of your key word is part of your domain name that's crucial for search engines. Let me know if you have more specific questions.

Thanks,
    Ahmed

Does your dating site have a niche? A lot of the dating sites cropping up now are niche dating sites, such as FarmersOnly.com, OurTime.com, ChristianMingle.com. I think I even saw one recently that was a dating site for Nerds and Gamers.

I agree. Definitely go niche if you want to tackle this. There is a definite market for niche dating sites. I certainly wouldn't try to compete with Match.com.

Also, Leonard when you post questions, feel free to address everyone and not just James and I. We may not always be able to answer and as you can see other people here are happy to help.

I think I even saw one recently that was a dating site for Nerds and Gamers.
    Good observation, STB. I hope everyone will take note of this comment of yours, not just for this particular niche but for the principle involved.

To get a good niche and/or domain name you have to think creatively. Almost always there are whole areas untouched. In any business venture it is a mistake to try and come up with something totally new because there is no market until one is created and creating a new market is extremely hard even if it is one that will explode once people get started with it. But finding a new approach or new way to do something that works better is the key to success.

Leonard, even nerds or gamers may not be your niche, but there is no doubt some specialty or approach that would fit your personality. You need that so that you can relate productively. If you figure out a good niche you will likely find getting a name to be easy.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

Hi AHMATO thanks for responding that is some great advice
    you guys on WB are awesome
    again thanks a lot
    this is Leonard H
    have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Lisa thanks for responding I will take your advice
    I didn't know until now IM thankful
    for all the great advice I get from the WB family!!
    thanks HOPE YOUR DAY GOES WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THIS is from Leonard H

Hi James thanks for giving me valuable nuggets
    you have been a great help to me since I joined
    the WB family. this is a great forum!
    this is from Leonard H
    have a nice weekend enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!