Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: A surprise $100 just came in.

Default A surprise $100 just came in.

Four years ago I built a website and monetized it (I probably had 100 hours and about $100 in applications invested in it. BUT… I was not thinking nitch and got buried with competition. It seems to have crept up in teh standings.

The site gets a few hundred hits a month with about eight pages out of 60 get most the traffic. Every 8-10 months it kicks out a check for $100.

I have done nothing with it for a couple years and am tempted to revamp it. It needs a facelift and think a more attractive appearance would help. I am also tempted to focus on the eight pages and develop something from there.

I’ve learn to listen when Lisa speaks and this site has ran on organic traffic only and monetized with Adsense only, which is not the best strategy any more. It makes me wonder how much time and effort it will take to not just clean up, but run with it.

If this was your site, what would you do?
    Like Bill at Facebook and Twitter.

and now Bill's Blog.

Well there are a few scenarios that could play out...

1) How interested are you in the topic? If you see the possibility of building it up to an authority niche site that is not just relying on Google then it may be worth putting the time into it.

2) You could just do nothing and be happy with the $100 check every so often

3) You could add content, give it a face lift and see if will help organically and boost your income --- even if it's temporary.

So I think it really depends on your long-term goal and how interested you are in building it up.