How to Customize a WordPress Theme

Thread: Slowly growing

Default Slowly growing

I have had a recording studio most of my life and in the beginning it was more a hobby than for making money. But a lot of gear also means a lot of repair and I couldnt afford paying someone every time some equipment broke or went up in smoke. So I decided to learn to do it my self.

That resulted in me collecting a ton of schematics which I suddenly one day wanted others to benefit from so I scanned and scanned and created a website where people could download schematics for free. I didn't even think of monetizing it at that time.

But at some point I discovered AdSense and decided to try it. Months went by and it was a great day when I made my first dollar on AdSense. This is several years ago now and even though I still dont make tons of money on that site it is a big satisfaction to see that the revenue still grows from month to month.

I think my lesson here was to continue and continue even though the results along the way were small. In the long run it pays off... at least some times :-)

Never give up!
    Last edited by TheLeader; 02-18-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Hi,

Just a funny suggestion, why don't you pay for the fixes with your AdSense money, it may help . All jokes aside, if you want to grow, focus on content creation, and experiment with fixes, and give valuable feedback, that's what people are searching for.

Good luck with your website, and to many more visitors to come ...
    Be the change you want to see in the world

Thanks!

One thing I recently found out is that AdSense ads are very different. Some of them have a very low CPC but... I have isolated some in a niche that have a CPC on more than a dollar. That could mean more money on the same number of visitors. I am going to create a new site especially to attract high end ads and see if it works. More on that later :-)

I'm so glad you posted this. I'm sure a lot of people need to see this. Good for you.

And you are right about AdSense. I was just going to post something about that in another thread. A friend of mine earned $60 from one click yesterday but he's in the finance niche. Compare that to sites in the beauty niche, and you rarely see that kind of revenue.

Just a question, is the recording studio in your house? I dabble a little bit with music arrangement from time to time and always said that one day I would have a very small-ish, simple studio one day.

Oh yeah :-) I only have a sleeping room and the kitchen to myself. The rest is studio - and I love it!

Studio1.jpg

I think in most cases less equipment can do the job. Now a days digital recording equipment is not that expensive and using a computer to record and mix things makes things even easier.

Lisa: That one day... don't wait for it. Make it to day! I think I read somewhere you play the piano...?

Studio2.jpg

OMG, you have my dream room. I don't need that much equipment but I'd be happy with just a few sound mixers and a keyword or two. This looks so incredibly cool!! Thanks for sharing.

Yes I hit a few keys on the keyboard every now and then but nothing serious.

That is awesome man! I would hate to see your homeowners insurance premiums!

Very nice Studio!

Have you consider making youtube videos to post on your site? You definitely got authority in your niche.
    Also I bet you can find some really good affiliate programs in your niche that would pay a whole lot more than adsense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeader View Post
    Oh yeah :-) I only have a sleeping room and the kitchen to myself. The rest is studio - and I love it!

Studio1.jpg
    How did I miss this! Man, that's awesome! How long have you been playing guitar? Could you please post your SoundCloud or whatever you use to host music on to this thread please - Website Babble Musicians?

I don't have time to play much myself and I picked up my guitar last night for the first time in about 3 months. I used to spend a lot of time on music but now I feel the need to make the sacrifice and concentrate on work. I can revisit music again one day

What instruments do you play beside guitar? What sequencing software are you sing? Do you write lyrics or anything?

Question: What is that art you have on the wall there? Can I have a close up on that one please
    Last edited by Darren; 02-22-2014 at 10:15 PM.

That is a cool little room you have there.

Way too many things. Maybe you can now start making videos on YouTube and maybe become very successful at what you do.

Way to go.
    Complete Money Making Website Set Up Free! (I Used This Since 2002)
    "Plus, My 11 Years Internet Marketing Experience."