Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: Learn to Stop Worrying and Love the Nofollow

Default Learn to Stop Worrying and Love the Nofollow

This article makes a lot of sense so I thought it is just right to share it with you guys. I hope you can take some time to read.

The lines between digital advertising and marketing are continuing to blur, and incorporating a "nofollow strategy" into your marketing efforts can easily prove fruitful when proper analysis is applied. Treating bloggers more like business owners is a far more respectful way to work with their audiences to build brand awareness. And if this two-way partnership continues to grow, there is certainly an opportunity to create an influential brand ambassador, one of the most powerful things we can hope for.
    How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nofollow

I'm glad you posted this. I feel like we are in an era now where relationship building is more important than link building. Sure you can still game the search engines with links but I am soooooooooooooooooooo over worrying about how Google is going to perceive a link I have absolutely no control over. I feel like there is an obsession with nofollow and dofollow when the obsession should shift to how can I stand out in a very crowded net that has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    I'm glad you posted this. I feel like we are in an era now where relationship building is more important than link building. Sure you can still game the search engines with links but I am soooooooooooooooooooo over worrying about how Google is going to perceive a link I have absolutely no control over. I feel like there is an obsession with nofollow and dofollow when the obsession should shift to how can I stand out in a very crowded net that has changed.
    Well said Lisa, it is just like quality over quantity.

I talked about this issue on my podcast and I put together a video playlist of Matt Cutts talking about the importance of getting BOTH kinds of links. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...HCRAHRL82zDv75

My blog has suffered because of the obsession with Dofollow links and even though I stopped giving Dofollow links in the comments on my blog I continue to get lots of useless traffic coming to my blog from link builders who think they will get Dofollow links. In fact I bet that 2 or 3 of my top traffic referrals come from people looking for links they aren't going to get - but because they are so naive about Dofollow and NoFollow, they don't even notice that the links are NoFollow.

Even worse, I waste a lot of time moderating spammy comments and responding to email requests from people who hired low budget link builders, got penalized by Google, and now they want those spammy links removed.

ARGH!

Quote Originally Posted by Ileane View Post

Even worse, I waste a lot of time moderating spammy comments and responding to email requests from people who hired low budget link builders, got penalized by Google, and now they want those spammy links removed.

ARGH!
    I can so relate to this Ileane!! And the ones I really love are the threats about how if I don't remove the links they could have a negative impact on my site. Um excuse me but I didn't put these links here and the nerve of them threatening me just because they are trying to clean up their own link profile. I just ignore them. I refuse to be bullied by Google or link builders.

Great to see you here again, Ileane.

Interesting coincidence. Lynn Terry (Click Newz) wrote about this today, referring to her article—which I find quite interesting—called Linking: To Follow or No Follow? In it she references another well known online personality, Rae Hoffman (SugarRae). They both agree with the basic sentiment expressed here: it is self-destructive to obsess over Follow/No Follow. And dis-avow for that matter.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

Yep I saw this one too James. Great article and I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ileane View Post
    I talked about this issue on my podcast and I put together a video playlist of Matt Cutts talking about the importance of getting BOTH kinds of links. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...HCRAHRL82zDv75

My blog has suffered because of the obsession with Dofollow links and even though I stopped giving Dofollow links in the comments on my blog I continue to get lots of useless traffic coming to my blog from link builders who think they will get Dofollow links. In fact I bet that 2 or 3 of my top traffic referrals come from people looking for links they aren't going to get - but because they are so naive about Dofollow and NoFollow, they don't even notice that the links are NoFollow.

ARGH!
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Interesting coincidence. Lynn Terry (Click Newz) wrote about this today, referring to her article—which I find quite interesting—called Linking: To Follow or No Follow? In it she references another well known online personality, Rae Hoffman (SugarRae). They both agree with the basic sentiment expressed here: it is self-destructive to obsess over Follow/No Follow. And dis-avow for that matter.
    Will make sure to drop by at those links, thank you for sharing Ileane and James!

There is no luck except where there is discipline | 12BET
    - Irish Proverb

I found it very informative and useful. A Nofollow link is better than not having a link on a site. I follow it.