Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: What have I done?

Default What have I done?

This morning I wake to see that I had "0" traffic and "1" visitor for February 6th 2014. The first 5 days were good but not great but I have never seen such a major change on any given day. Have I made a big mistake or does this sometimes happen? I reviewed my GAP calculations and there were red numbers listed in three places with the highest number being -12.12 "Panda 26 (Softener 1). 4 spots total indicated red numbers but none showed an impact over -4.
    What did I do?

I would not waste a lot of time considering a one day experience on anything. There could be a technical issue or something else. Even a football game! It might be helpful to figure it out and it could be something important as a matter of fact (such as having a poor host who had your site down for hours), but if you spend a lot of time on something like that you can hurt yourself by what you do not get done. If it pops back the next day you are OK and may never know.

However, in my limited observations relative to swings like this I often see a fifty percent drop on occasion from high points, twenty-five to thirty percent from average, but almost never a total absence of traffic if it was of any size before. If a site is just starting and traffic is really low (15-20 a day) it would be totally possible to have a day with no visits.
    Good Success!

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." —Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Bennett View Post
    This morning I wake to see that I had "0" traffic and "1" visitor for February 6th 2014. The first 5 days were good but not great but I have never seen such a major change on any given day. Have I made a big mistake or does this sometimes happen? I reviewed my GAP calculations and there were red numbers listed in three places with the highest number being -12.12 "Panda 26 (Softener 1). 4 spots total indicated red numbers but none showed an impact over -4.
    What did I do?
    I think it was a technical issue. I've read a lot of this lately in another forum. Someone said that he usually have 2000+ visitors a day but after that day in February (I forgot what was the exact date) just recently I believe, he got a 0. And he is not the only one who experienced it, others too.