How to Customize a WordPress Theme

Thread: Has anyone tried Content.ad?

Default Has anyone tried Content.ad?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Content.ad? I received an e-mail from the company encouraging me to sign-up along with some info from the company. However, I can't find much of anything on Google or anywhere about them.

It looks like their ads are the sponsored stories that go on the bottom of pages, which I know I've clicked on before on other sites, so it looks like a good fit. I didn't know if anyone had any experience or have heard of them? Thanks!

Never tried them but their site is super cool! lol

https://www.content.ad/

I guess what I always wonder about smaller networks is how many advertisers are using it to drive cost/earnings up and if so, are the earnings worth using up the real estate.

If no one is talking then they are either really new or not very popular.

Thanks, Lisa.

They sent me a very cool personalized presentation too, I was very impressed. I may check it out and see how I do. I don't have too much advertising on my site now, so it may be a good way to branch out. I'm just worried that the "Other Recommended Articles" will lead to spammy sources or links, but I guess I have some control on the content. If I try it out, I'll let everyone know how it works out.

Are they at all involved with Teckler? Their design is almost exactly the same in terms of font, color choice, etc.

Teckler.com

I would honestly wait until this site gets a reputation before starting. I do agree that they look pretty spiffy, haha.

Yeah, I always get nervous when I don't see much feedback about a company online.

Jay, maybe they hired the same design firm. lol

@Lisa lol perhaps!

After examining Content.ad a little further, it looks very similar to something that Bubblews.com used to use at the bottom of their articles. I like this type of ad because it doesn't look like an ad at all. You just have a bunch of very interesting articles and pictures listed at the bottom of your articles.

It'll have things like "1 Household Equipment that 98% of people are using Wrong" and "10 Things you Should NEVER do to a Dog". Very eye-catching stuff.

I'm not sure if it's a CPC though - it says on the homepage it is a fixed CPM rate, so probably not. The pay is also unclear.

It does look very interesting, though. It looks like another great revenue stream for sites that have little monetizing options. I might try out the site and see how it works.

A LITTLE warning though: if this is like the one on Bubblews.com, then your site may get some inappropriate ads. Nothing X-rated, but things that you wouldn't want a little kid to see or read about.

The pay is: "Revenue is based on actions, not clicks. Sponsored content served through the system won't generate revenue unless the user performs a particular action on the advertisers site (ex. Signs up for a service or purchases something). When this happens, the payout is generally much better than what you expect to see from a pay-per-click advertisement. This means that you might need to let the widget run for a while to start seeing revenue."

Hm, I wonder what "a while" is... haha.

Jay, let me know if you try it and like it. I may give it a shot since I always click on featured ads, we'll see...

IamShado Guest

Default So far so good

Quote Originally Posted by KateOB View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Content.ad? I received an e-mail from the company encouraging me to sign-up along with some info from the company. However, I can't find much of anything on Google or anywhere about them.

It looks like their ads are the sponsored stories that go on the bottom of pages, which I know I've clicked on before on other sites, so it looks like a good fit. I didn't know if anyone had any experience or have heard of them? Thanks!
    I signed up for Content.ad at the end of last month (Jan 28th). I had never heard of them before so it's made me kind of cautious. Haven't found any reviews of them online yet but they do have a US address and phone number listed. I also found several larger websites running their ads.

My experience so far has been good. I haven't actually gotten my first check yet (should at the end of this month) but the earnings that they are showing me are fairly solid.

I run a fairly heavily trafficed website. I'm seeing around $2 CPM and $0.12 CPC.

The CPC is way below what I was getting with Google Ads but the CPM is competitive due to a higher click through rate. (I think these ads work much better due to how seamlessly they integrate in to the site which keeps them from looking like ads)

So, from my experience so far, $2 per 1000 pageviews. That's pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by IamShado View Post
    I signed up for Content.ad at the end of last month (Jan 28th). I had never heard of them before so it's made me kind of cautious. Haven't found any reviews of them online yet but they do have a US address and phone number listed. I also found several larger websites running their ads.

My experience so far has been good. I haven't actually gotten my first check yet (should at the end of this month) but the earnings that they are showing me are fairly solid.

I run a fairly heavily trafficed website. I'm seeing around $2 CPM and $0.12 CPC.

The CPC is way below what I was getting with Google Ads but the CPM is competitive due to a higher click through rate. (I think these ads work much better due to how seamlessly they integrate in to the site which keeps them from looking like ads)

So, from my experience so far, $2 per 1000 pageviews. That's pretty nice.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

I wonder what the highest paying CPM site is out there? Because I get decent traffic/impressions but my CTR is fairly pathetic.

IamShado-- Thanks for sharing your experience. I ended signing up with them because I like the Featured Ads type advertising at the bottom. It was pretty easy to sign up and I like that they have a plug-in, which made it easy to install.

I'm not a heavy traffic site and I'm seeing CPM of .38 and CPC of .14 with my highest click at .49 so far. I kept my ads G, so I may change it to see if I notice a difference.

I am guessing the CPM can fluctuate based on what the agreement is with the Advertiser.