How to Customize a WordPress Theme

Thread: Fastest or best social sharing plugin?

Default Fastest or best social sharing plugin?

Love ShareThis and how i can show the social shares i want. But it adds 75+ request to a page slowing it down. Found Genesis Optimized Social Share which is fast but no options, mainly wanting a fb share, like, tweet, +1, it has all but fb share. The plug author on word press forums said

You can do it by changing the plugin's PHP code. Change the following one to this one at both places

echo '<div class="fb-like" data-href="' . get_permalink( $post->ID ) . '" data-send="false" data-layout="box_count" data-show-faces="false"></div></div>';

echo '<div class="fb-share-button" data-href="' . get_permalink( $post->ID ) . '" data-send="false" data-layout="box_count" data-show-faces="false"></div></div>';

This will remove the Facebook Like functionality and will add the FB Share button.

And I got it working but the fb share button didn't show a counter like the others so it looked off, and also I want to keep the like box not replace it. Any ideas babblers?
    CLICK HERE to read blogs and see photos shaming disabled parking violators!

I think you are ahead of the game because you already know how to update the code. You're right that most of the sharing plugins slow down our blogs. Right now I have a Genesis child theme with some social sharing built in but not all of the ones I want (like Pinterest) so I'm using the Pinterest plugin too.
    Hopefully someone here can give us a good response.

I have installed the WordPress plugin, Simple Share Buttons Adder, which has a full dozen different buttons including Pinterest. They include several button sets to choose from or you can use custom ones if you want.
    Good Success!

"If your content doesn’t drive activity or conversations, don’t expect it to drive links." —Tom Schmitz, Search Engine Land

JetPack is good for the sharing buttons too.

Addthis provide you a code which is just needed to be added in the sidebar and its done. Has anyone tried that?