Crave: A modern WordPress theme with appetizing aesthetic

Thread: WP Plugin Platinum SEO Has A Glitch

Cool WP Plugin Platinum SEO Has A Glitch

I rebuilt my Forex trading site over the past few months. (It got trashed somehow.) Anyhow, I started adding some plugins that I thought might help it. "Platinum SEO", it's a step-up from the "All In One" plugin was added. The plugin has a "Redirect" feature.

It turns out that the redirect feature Platinum SEO has can send your site off to never-land.

All of a sudden my site started showing up as a 'Parked' site on "Snap Name" (I don't use them).

I spent the past 15 hours trying to find out what was going on with my site. It wasn't FireFox or Chrome causing the problem. I finally deleted the Platinum SEO plugin and that cleared up the problem and all is well now.

You might want to check your plugins if this should happen to your site.

RT...

Whenever there is an upgrade to Wordpress, its essential that you check the theme and plugins you're using still work with the newer upgrade version.

Good plugin creators always ensure their script is up to date such as seen by those using All In One Seo which issued an upgrade soon after the Wordpress upgrade was released.
    Last edited by Neil Robins; 01-25-2014 at 08:07 PM.
    Fast PLR :Quality PLR : Turn It Around In No Time
    Graphics Choice :Templates, Graphics, Minisites & More
    MRR Store :A Turnkey Online Business With Every Product
    GottaHaveSoftware :You Need It? We've Got It.

I always try and use as few plugins as possible. As well as deleting any that are deactivated. Especially seeing as JetPack just seems to do more and more.

Curious why deactivated plugins should be deleted.
    WeightyChoice: Sustainable Weight Loss

AndroidEveryday: Android Tablet Accessories and Apps

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Robins View Post
    Whenever there is an upgrade to Wordpress, its essential that you check the theme and plugins you're using still work with the newer upgrade version.

Good plugin creators always ensure their script is up to date such as seen by those using All In One Seo which issued an upgrade soon after the Wordpress upgrade was released.
    Thanks for the heads-up Neil. I am using a new updated theme. I finally had to go into my C-Panel and delete the plugin. I've used the Platinum SEO for a long time because of the "redirect" feature and never ran into this type of problem.

Actually it was a desperation move because I ran out of ideas.

Live and learn I guess.

RT...